Costco Selling 622 with Rebate, what is the rebate

They need to make up their mind as they say "Lease" and "Purchase" in the same paragraph.

Edit: Read fine print -- Rebate converts it to leased. At least it's a way to get 2 622s.

E* said:
Costco Members can now purchase the ViP211 and the ViP622 DVR at select Costco Stores.
Make sure you’re getting the most up-to-date HD experience with our lease rebate offer exclusive to qualified Costco Members. After purchasing the ViP211 and/or the ViP622 DVR receivers, you may be eligible to participate in our rebate offer. Get money back when you participate in the lease program and enjoy these advantages.

Last edited:
That's sucks :( - making leased for your $179; you will pay for release your ownership:
"we send you a rebate check in exchange for making your receiver leased, and therefore property of DISH Network" - from Dish FAQ.

I think it depends on the Costco store you go to. I just checked the Costco and they don't have any recievers. Just a sign with a local install number on it to call and another printed sign below it saying "Standard defination installs only, HD not available."

well thanks all, for the great detective work. yep if i wanted to go the lease route again this might (Dish still can decide to not give me the rebate) get me a second leased 622.
In the folsom CA costco they had a whole pallet full.

The Costco here had a pallet split between 622s and 211s.

$449 to own the unit, -$100 if one turns in a 921/942 (mentioned on the rebate form), -$100 for the medal package (not mentioned, but not excluded), -$270 to sell the unit back to Dish. One could make $20 on the deal. Of course, the extra money up front than the standard lease.

A co worker of mine just bought a new 57" HD and called D* telling him about being a subscriber since the P* days and they hooked him up with the new HR20 mpeg 4 DVR for nothing. He didn't even have to suggest that he might switch, just that he had been a long time subscriber and was looking for a deal.

Miner said:

$449 to own the unit, -$100 if one turns in a 921/942 (mentioned on the rebate form), -$100 for the medal package (not mentioned, but not excluded), -$270 to sell the unit back to Dish. One could make $20 on the deal. Of course, the extra money up front than the standard lease.

A co worker of mine just bought a new 57" HD and called D* telling him about being a subscriber since the P* days and they hooked him up with the new HR20 mpeg 4 DVR for nothing. He didn't even have to suggest that he might switch, just that he had been a long time subscriber and was looking for a deal.
Just call back D* and ask them where the HD programing is?:eek:

DVR,

I'm with you on the programming, but getting the new mpeg 4 DVR for no cost is a pretty good deal. Better than a $199 before rebates.

Some people are loyal to D*, and they are willing to accept less HD channels. Loyalty doesn't pay the bills, nor fill the HD addiction! But I have a hard time spending the extra dough for a 622 for the extra channels over my existing 15. I'd like Universal, but don't know if it is worth $5 a month + 18 months of commitment to E*. I'm close to pulling the trigger but the extra fluff channels make me happy with what I have.

Miner said:

As you are selling the unit back to Dish, you end up with a leased 622 via the above process.

Which means it is only $20 better than the standard lease deal from Dish.

Do you get the free satellite dish and LNB upgrade under the Costco offer?

Tom,

The deal includes standard professional installation.

With taxes, I don't know if the $20 savings even pays off. But at least one can go to the store and bring home the receiver. Of course, one probably has to wait until installation until the unit is activated. Sigh!

riffjim4069 said:
Perhaps E* should spend time getting all the features (Ethernet, USB External Storage, DishComm) to work on this box prior to rolling out a replacement.;)

Why would they start now?:rolleyes:

They'd break their near perfect record of never releasing promised features before obsoleting the box (942, 921, 50x, 721, 5000, etc)

Btw, I asked for clarification on how the "professional installation" works when you buy a box at Costco and ask for it to be leased using the CEO@... email address.

There currently no option to purchase the receiver from Costco and then change it to a leased receiver.

Oh well... anyone know the details? In the end I will need a new DPP switch to make everything work.

Miner said:

Are we positive that you can send in the forms for the "convert to lease" rebate AND then apply for the $100 ($10/mth) HD upgrade rebate?

Maybe I am missing something, but since you have to pay sales tax on $449, and wait for the rebate.. isn't just paying the normal $199 622 lease fee, the same net price without tying up $270 for 8-10 weeks.

Maybe I am missing something, but since you have to pay sales tax on $449, and wait for the rebate.. isn't just paying the normal $199 622 lease fee, the same net price without tying up $270 for 8-10 weeks.

And probably I would use a credit card [visa/mc] so not to tie up cash, then figure the cost of money {intrest} for 2-3 months . I see no there ,here. Except install, if dish hasn't waived the $49 upgrade. Haven't checked latly.

The only thing I see is a the incredible satysfaction gaurantee that Costco has and I don't know how that would apply here as every thing is by vender, form Dish* to the rebate and the installer.

I have been trying to figure how to up grade 4TVs [2HD] from 811s and a 625 cheap. I guess they still don't want me bads enough to give us the D* deal yet.

Bear!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)