Costs of XstreamHD thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
How much is your power bill?

my electricity is included with my rent....how lucky is that. two problems, i live in one of the worst parts of the city and my landlord is a slumlord. but i have lived here so many years, i pretty much do what i want

Hi Guys,
Interesting dialogue regarding what XStreamHD is and what XStreamHD is not. Let me help set the record straight so that I can begin to dispel some of the myths related to XStreamHD. Here are my Top 10 Reasons why you will love XStreamHD!
1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]XStreamHD is the first true whole-home HD solution that can simultaneously deliver multiple streams of Full HD entertainment across your home network (at bit rate streams of up to 100mbps each).
2.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]The content that you will enjoy is Blu-ray ray equivalent content at 1080p with up to 7.1 channels of lossless audio. No other digital delivery solution can provide this level of quality.
3.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]XStreamHD’s satellite transport network delivers a perfect copy of the studio master to your XStreamHD Media Server made possible by our patent-pending transport technology. This unique transport technology allows us to modulate our data streams to mitigate the effects of weather disturbances.
4.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]With XStreamHD you always have a storefront of Full HD content available for immediate viewing from your HD Media Server made possible by XStreamHD’s Pre-Fetched Entertainment technology, which automatically delivers the latest movies music and games to your HD Media Server’s Personal Library based upon your user-set entertainment preferences and advance selections.
5.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Different than a Vudu or a digital Netflix solution, our solution includes a world-class DLNA Certified™ HD Media Server that can multi-process incoming satellite delivered content, as well as multi-stream different streams of Full HD content simultaneously within the home. It houses two removable HDD storage bays that can accommodate up to 4 TB of internal storage with an eSATA to access additional external storage.
6.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Additionally, our HD Media Server includes a user-friendly Network Video Recorder that is equipped with three HDTV (ATSC) tuners, enabling you to watch and record three separate off-air HDTV programs from start to finish, regardless of schedule changes made possible with our patent-pending Adaptive Recording feature.
7.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]XStreamHD is a multi-room solution that supercharges your entertainment network. You can pause a movie or program in one room and continue viewing it another without having to replicate content (or peer-to-peer copying).
8.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]XStreamHD provides you with better interoperability made possible with DLNA. The HD Media Server can deliver content to TV’s equipped with an HD Media Receiver or any DNLA Certified client, including some HDTV’s, laptops, PS3s and other DLNA certified A/V components.
9.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]XStreamHD provides you with a sophisticated graphical user interface that easily allows you to access content from a 3D wall of entertainment titles. With Direct Alphanumeric Navigation (DAN) you can quickly located specific titles fast and intuitively.
10.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Every XStreamHD FAST Start or PRO Start is equipped with our RF One Remote Control an ergonomically-friendly advanced RF and IR remote that integrates with most A/V equipment and requires no line-of-sight with our equipment.
I hope that this information provides you with some of the really exciting innovations that XStreamHD is please to bring to consumers. By the way, did I mention that FREE XStreamHD Calling…Check out XStreamHD.com to learn more or to pre-order your XStreamHD starter package.
Enjoy the day!
XStreamHDGuy

Thread back open!\

Wait, wrong thread. My bad, I just saw this post in another on that was closed.

Hi Guys,
Interesting dialogue regarding what XStreamHD is and what XStreamHD is not. Let me help set the record straight so that I can begin to dispel some of the myths related to XStreamHD. Here are my Top 10 Reasons why you will love XStreamHD!
1.XStreamHD is the first true whole-home HD solution that can simultaneously deliver multiple streams of Full HD entertainment across your home network (at bit rate streams of up to 100mbps each).
2.The content that you will enjoy is Blu-ray ray equivalent content at 1080p with up to 7.1 channels of lossless audio. No other digital delivery solution can provide this level of quality.
3.XStreamHD’s satellite transport network delivers a perfect copy of the studio master to your XStreamHD Media Server made possible by our patent-pending transport technology. This unique transport technology allows us to modulate our data streams to mitigate the effects of weather disturbances.
4.With XStreamHD you always have a storefront of Full HD content available for immediate viewing from your HD Media Server made possible by XStreamHD’s Pre-Fetched Entertainment technology, which automatically delivers the latest movies music and games to your HD Media Server’s Personal Library based upon your user-set entertainment preferences and advance selections.
5.Different than a Vudu or a digital Netflix solution, our solution includes a world-class DLNA Certified™ HD Media Server that can multi-process incoming satellite delivered content, as well as multi-stream different streams of Full HD content simultaneously within the home. It houses two removable HDD storage bays that can accommodate up to 4 TB of internal storage with an eSATA to access additional external storage.
6.Additionally, our HD Media Server includes a user-friendly Network Video Recorder that is equipped with three HDTV (ATSC) tuners, enabling you to watch and record three separate off-air HDTV programs from start to finish, regardless of schedule changes made possible with our patent-pending Adaptive Recording feature.
7.XStreamHD is a multi-room solution that supercharges your entertainment network. You can pause a movie or program in one room and continue viewing it another without having to replicate content (or peer-to-peer copying).
8.XStreamHD provides you with better interoperability made possible with DLNA. The HD Media Server can deliver content to TV’s equipped with an HD Media Receiver or any DNLA Certified client, including some HDTV’s, laptops, PS3s and other DLNA certified A/V components.
9.XStreamHD provides you with a sophisticated graphical user interface that easily allows you to access content from a 3D wall of entertainment titles. With Direct Alphanumeric Navigation (DAN) you can quickly located specific titles fast and intuitively.
10.Every XStreamHD FAST Start or PRO Start is equipped with our RF One Remote Control an ergonomically-friendly advanced RF and IR remote that integrates with most A/V equipment and requires no line-of-sight with our equipment.
I hope that this information provides you with some of the really exciting innovations that XStreamHD is please to bring to consumers. By the way, did I mention that FREE XStreamHD Calling…Check out XStreamHD.com to learn more or to pre-order your XStreamHD starter package.
Enjoy the day!
XStreamHDGuy
Thats all great, but what does it cost per month? They give no monthly pricing on there website.

Did anyone else get the email where you can save up to 200 bucks? It looks like the pricing might have dropped a bit?

I got the email also did the sign up process and its still $399. So that email seems to me as just some email marketing.

Hi Guys,

Please let me clarify the pricing:

1. For the XStreamHD FAST Start with 1TB it is $399. This is a bundled product package that includes the following:
* HD Media Server with a 1 TB Drive
* HD Media Receiver
* RF Remote Control
* 3m High-Speed Cat2 Certified HDMI Cable
* 3m Cat5e Ethernet Cables
This value priced bundled package will save you $100 over a la carte pricing.

2. For the XStreamHD PRO Start with 1TB it is $399. This is a bundled product package that includes the following:
* HD Media Server with a 1 TB Drive
* PRO Media Receiver - An audiophile class receiver that includes 24bit 192kHz DACs powering 8 additional analog outputs, delivering 115dB of dynamic range
* RF Remote Control
* 3m High-Speed Cat2 Certified HDMI Cable
* 3m Cat5e Ethernet Cables
This value priced bundled package will save you $200 over a la carte pricing.

Please note that we have included all of the accessories with our value price packages. Also, the packages can also be ordered with 2 TB or 4 TB of storage.

Finally, for anyone who places an advance order between now and April 30, 2010, we will also throw in 5 FREE Full HD Movie rentals (a $25 value).

I hope this clarifies your questions.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any additional questions or thoughts.

Have a great weekend!

XStreamHDGuy

Two Questions I have seen asked, either here or else where, are the ATSC tuners uhf only? And if the service were to fail would the equipment at least be able to be used as a stand alone DVR for OTA programming? Ala. the DTVpal DVR.

One thing that would make these VOD type of rentals more palatable, especially if there is a monthly fee involved, is if once you've rented a movie you have the option to play it at a later date at no charge as long as you are paying for the service. A video store I used to go to years ago did this for thier customers when they rented a video. I only used it once or twice but it made the rental feel more like an investment, without having to buy the movie. And that was without a monthly fee.

Without the first two though it really is a deal breaker for me, as I have some VHF stations I receive and I would hate to spend that much money just for a paper weight should the company fail.

The ota is UHF and VHF.

The media center will function without a subscription but may not aquire software updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say it will function do you mean as a DVR? I'm assuming that you would have to program it like an old VCR, or would it be able to use TVGOS data to populate the guide info?

Its good to hear about the tuner section as that would have been a very odd omission.

Hi Everyone,

Regarding your outstanding questions:

1. The rental windows are set by the movie studios. Such that you will likely have 24 or 48 hours to view once you have rented a title. We are currently discussing re-rent options with the studios at a discount to the customer.

2. The ATSC tuners cover both UHF and VHF.

3. The ATSC tuners work in concert with the Network Video Recorder (NVR). Like a DVR, it will have a programming guide set for your local broadcast area. Also, you will be able to simultaneously record 3 programs. Additionally, you can stream up to 4 different programs from your saved programs within the home and watch live TV using the tuners.

4. Finally, we have developed a patent-pending Adaptive Recording feature that will shift program start and finish if a program has been preempted or if a program runs past original schedule.

Have a great day!

XStreamHDGuy

We about a month away from launch, and I can't wait... I am starting to upgrade my network in my house to Gigabit in preperation for the launch of XStreamHD!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)