Could DTV Do A 4k Deca Adapter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CSM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Chesterfield, MO
I know they have the 4k Genie Mini but I wondering if DTV could ever do a 4k Deca Adapter? Is that an outlandish theory? :)

The current DECA already supports 4K. It is used for RVU client installs and as a broadband DECA to connect to the modem in 4K mini installs.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

The DECA adapter is just a way to add internet onto the coax. No need to support any resolutions as it's about the data and transfer rate of each stream from the internet or client. Network speed is where that matters.

The DECA adapter is just a way to add internet onto the coax. No need to support any resolutions as it's about the data and transfer rate of each stream from the internet or client. Network speed is where that matters.
Yeah, ... the appropriate question to ask on this issue is not really whether there will be a "4K DECA," but will there ever be a "MoCA 2.0 DECA module." And I see no reason for it as the current MoCA 1.1 DECAs can already handle a 4K RVU stream to a client up to DIRECTV's max. rate of 60 fps.

And of course, there is no need for a CCK connection to the internet needed at MoCA 2.0 speeds.

However, will DIRECTV's next receiver/server or perhaps a gateway type device have an internal MoCA 2.0 DECA to communicate with multiple 4K and/or standard clients beyond the current 3 max. streams from the Genies?

Most likely, yes as does the Hopper 3.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Yeah, ... the appropriate question to ask on this issue is not really whether there will be a "4K DECA," but will there ever be a "MoCA 2.0 DECA module." And I see no reason for it as the current MoCA 1.1 DECAs can already handle a 4K RVU stream to a client up to DIRECTV's max. rate of 60 fps.

And of course, there is no need for a CCK connection to the internet needed at MoCA 2.0 speeds.

However, will DIRECTV's next receiver/server or perhaps a gateway type device have an internal MoCA 2.0 DECA to communicate with multiple 4K and/or standard clients beyond the current 3 max. streams from the Genies?

Most likely, yes as does the Hopper 3.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Note that the Genie can only stream to one 4K client at a time.

Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

Reactions: harshness
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts