OTHER Could use some help for an up-to-date receiver short-list

Bowtie41

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Hi all,
Almost warm enough to dig out stuff I've had mothballed for years(decades,lol),and setup an FTA system.I know all of my old BUD receivers may not get anything,but may still steer the dishes.I have a 10' and an 8' BUD I want to erect and have one for Ku(Ka maybe?),and the other C-Band.About 1-1/2 yrs ago I was reading on here and bought a Pansat 3500SD+.Just been sitting in box,but now,If I read the forums correctly,this may not do much more than my old stuff?So,I'm looking for suggestions on the newer tech receivers....PVR would be nice for the wife,but not absolutely necessary.I'd like something up-to-date without breaking the bank,if possible,as I'm disabled.I've heard/read about several brands(Edison,Diamond,Pansat,Viewsat,Amiko) here,but have no clue as to which are the newer models.Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

For a receiver one of the Edision Os Mio's hands down. For an LNBF for C Band one of Titanium's will fit you well.
As for Ku LNBF's I'm in the process of hunting one down.

Reactions: c-spand
If one or both of those BUD's have a Chaparral Corotor you may already have C-band and Ku capability on a single dish and possibly already have the LNB's you need.

Chaparral Corotor-1.jpg

If one or both of those BUD's have a Chaparral Corotor you may already have C-band and Ku capability on a single dish and possibly already have the LNB's you need.

View attachment 144180
I have a Corotor with VC2 vintage LNB's. Mine doesn't have the little butterfly thingy in the throat.
I pondered refurbing it and upgrading the LNB's but opted out of it. Read: $$
What is the deal with the Golden Ring? Why don't the Titaniums come with one?

They were for the deeper (low f/D ratio) dishes. I think I may have had one at one time but never had a dish that might have benefited from it.

Not sure how effective they were.
Well cool. Mine is definitely one. Wonder if I could fabricate one and try it. Sure would be nice to see how it fits on a feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)