Could Viacom Channels Go *Poof* This Week?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's called Comedy.TV, it is nothing fantastic but it is for free and they show a lot of stand up comedy which is funnier and cleaner than the crap that Comedy Central puts on.
So it sounds like an inferior source for Comedy, a freeware comedy channel.
Better than watching a test pattern, which is what I don't want.
Well, you don't have to watch a channel that doesn't get broadcasted so that shouldn't be a problem.

So it sounds like an inferior source for Comedy, a freeware comedy channel.
Well, you don't have to watch a channel that doesn't get broadcasted so that shouldn't be a problem.
The schedule of that channel makes a test pattern look entertaining, but to each his own. Rather than replacing Comedy Central with that channel, I'd rather them reclaim the space for increased bandwidth on some of the other channels. My opinion of course.

Reactions: osu1991
Viacom needs to hook up with CBS again or find a buyer ASAP. They are in deep trouble to say the least.

So, what will replace them? My possible guesses which probably will be wrong since Dish will probably try to go with one family of channels for replacements:

BET -- Encore Black
Centric - OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
CMT - gac
Comedy Central - FXX
Logo TV -- Rural (also plays repeats of I Dream of Jeannie)
MTV -- fm
MTV2 -- Fuse (also plays repeats of Everybody Hates Chris)
MTV Live -- axs
Nick Jr. -- Disney Junior
Nickelodeon -- Cartoon Network (East)
Nickelodeon (West) -- Cartoon Network (West)
Nicktoons -- Disney XD
Spike -- Esquire
TeenNick -- Freeform
Tr3s -- Telehit
TV Land -- was going to say Rural but already used that one...Encore Westerns (both play Gunsmoke)
VH1 -- Oxygen (also plays My Wife and Kids and reality programming)
VH1 Classic -- already used axs....maybe Encore Classic (LOL)

Anyone else has any guesses or thoughts about replacements?

It's called Comedy.TV, it is nothing fantastic but it is for free and they show a lot of stand up comedy which is funnier and cleaner than the crap that Comedy Central puts on. Better than watching a test pattern, which is what I don't want.

Comedy.TV is a sad joke of a channel. You’re better off going to a local chuckle hut instead of wasting time watching that channel. Comedy Central’s appeal isn’t stand up anymore and hasn’t been for years. It’s show like South Park, Tosh and their idiotic news parody shows.

So, what will replace them? My possible guesses which probably will be wrong since Dish will probably try to go with one family of channels for replacements:

BET -- Encore Black
CMT - gac
Comedy Central - FXX
MTV -- fm
MTV Live -- axs
Nicktoons -- Disney XD
Spike -- Esquire
TeenNick -- Freeform
Tr3s -- Telehit
TV Land -- was going to say Rural but already used that one...Encore Westerns (both play Gunsmoke)

I think a more appropriate substitution for Nick would be Disney.

Man, if CC disappears, how will the stoners watch the Epic TV mini-series "Time Traveling Bong"? Premiere is tonight (4/20, of course)...

Good thing there's ABC's Wednesday night comedy block...

Has Dish ever lost that many channels at once before? Seems like a lot. People will notice. Those in recent two year contracts will ask is this even legal that the can charge the same for less? Yes they can

Comedy.TV is a sad joke of a channel. You’re better off going to a local chuckle hut instead of wasting time watching that channel. Comedy Central’s appeal isn’t stand up anymore and hasn’t been for years. It’s show like South Park, Tosh and their idiotic news parody shows.

Either find me another replacement channel for Comedy Central or keep your mouth quiet.

Just like most of you we don't watch all of those stations either but the ones we do watch we would definitely miss! $105 a month for 250 channels out of which we might watch 2 - 2.5 dozen. And, unlike a good number of folks, Dish and DirectTV are the only options for us as there are no cable companies available where we live. I have not had much luck learning about what equipment we would need to bring in as many OTA stations as possible. Probably has something to do with my gender. :cheerIf it weren't for the Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers, pro tennis and NASCAR (for my husband) I would have booted Dish long ago.

If they replace BET/Centric with TVOne and since EPIX was part of a separate negotiation this won't affect me enough to get upset about.

BET -- Encore Black
CMT - gac
Comedy Central - FXX
MTV -- fm
MTV Live -- axs
Nicktoons -- Disney XD
Spike -- Esquire
TeenNick -- Freeform
Tr3s -- Telehit

You have some rather interesting ideas for similar channels.

Logo and Rural? I understand you might be joking, but no...
Centric and OWN? VH1 and Oxygen? Actually Oxygen would be a better replacement for Centric. Like Oxygen Centric is a woman's channel. It's just for African American women.
I'm surprised you didn't mention Ovation as a replacement for one of the music channels.

Comedy Central and Spike have content that's not entirely available anywhere else. (Hulu and Amazon have some of the shows, but there's almost a six week delay for those shows.)

I didn't complain about Fox News, but I WILL leave Dish if this outage lasts too long.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts