Could Viacom Channels Go *Poof* This Week?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Reactions: Mr Tony
Well if they just put duplicates of exisiting channels I am going to cry foul. We need fresh, new channels to replace the removed content. There are quite a few comedy channels that Dish could pick up for next to nothing to replace Comedy Central, as an example.

unless its permanent removal, Dish isn't going to do that

See what happened when they removed INSP...they put a shopping channel in its place

Well if they just put duplicates of exisiting channels I am going to cry foul. We need fresh, new channels to replace the removed content. There are quite a few comedy channels that Dish could pick up for next to nothing to replace Comedy Central, as an example.
Yeah, there are literally a bazillion channels out there... wait... what? There is very little to replace what would be lost that Dish doesn't already have.

Do you remember the old commercials that they use to show when TV land first started? I watched them as much as the shows for entertainment.
I remember the day that TV Land launched, it was April 29, 1996 (very close to exactly 20 years ago), launched on Telstar 401 transponder 14 on C-Band, T401 was a new bird then, and it was one of the first services on that satellite, it was in-the-clear for many years. Later it moved to Satcom C3 with the other Viacom channels when some of them moved to Galaxy 9, may have been later in 1996 or early 1997.

I wish they would add BBC World News HD, and Military Channel HD to replace some of the crap Viacom channels. Of course, for my part, they could have put Military History in Viceland's place, but that's a different subject entire.

Reactions: osu1991 and Scola77
I wish they would add BBC World News HD, and Military Channel HD to replace some of the crap Viacom channels. Of course, for my part, they could have put Military History in Viceland's place, but that's a different subject entire.
well see what the uplink report says at 2:30pm cst.you never know scott was saying that dish was testing alot of hd channels so who knows?

unless its permanent removal, Dish isn't going to do that

See what happened when they removed INSP...they put a shopping channel in its place

This isn't going to be a two week outage, I can guarantee you that.
Yeah, there are literally a bazillion channels out there... wait... what? There is very little to replace what would be lost that Dish doesn't already have.

There is a channel called the Comedy Channel that DirecTV and Uverse both carry. Just because you are unaware of them doesn't mean they don't exist. .lol

well see what the uplink report says at 2:30pm cst.you never know scott was saying that dish was testing alot of hd channels so who knows?
Wont happen that fast, they haven't even removed the Viacom services yet, and in the interim, it will be only a "temporary" removal, so it will be several weeks or months before anything "new" comes along to "replace" the Viacom channels, in the unlikely event that they (Dish-Viacom) do not come to an agreement.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Thing is, by and large, these channels just don't excite me. Seriously. I don't see any material impact if we lose them.

MTV hasn't been the MTV I remember as a teenager in the early 1980s in a LONG time. Sometimes I would like to watch music videos just to keep up, but they are just not on.

Kids got bored with Spongebob and they aged.

Nick at Night has some re-runs of value, but not worth carrying all these channels to get it.

Pull these channels off, free up the space, and keep our bills in check. Maybe re-assign the HD bandwidth to something of value.

Television networks (some may not be on DIsh)

BET
BET Jams
BET Soul
Centric
CMT
CMT Music
Comedy Central
Logo TV
MTV
MTV2
mtvU
MTV Hits
MTV Live
Nick at Nite
Nick Jr.
Nickelodeon
Nicktoons
Spike
TeenNick
Tr3s
TV Land
VH1
VH1 Classic

Reactions: Scola77
Thing is, by and large, these channels just don't excite me. Seriously. I don't see any material impact if we lose them.

MTV hasn't been the MTV I remember as a teenager in the early 1980s in a LONG time. Sometimes I would like to watch music videos just to keep up, but they are just not on.

Kids got bored with Spongebob and they aged.

Nick at Night has some re-runs of value, but not worth carrying all these channels to get it.

Pull these channels off, free up the space, and keep our bills in check. Maybe re-assign the HD bandwidth to something of value.

If it were 10 or 20 years ago, Dish would probably be in BIG trouble by removing the Viacom services, but today, they are absolute crap. Back in the day, Nick-at-Nite and TV Land were some of my favourite channels, Comedy Central was good, and even MTV had some worthwhile content, but for the past few years they have gotten worse and worse. Maybe this will be the shock to the system Viacom needs to get some better programming again.

There is a channel called the Comedy Channel that DirecTV and Uverse both carry. Just because you are unaware of them doesn't mean they don't exist. .lol
Touche. Never heard of it. What is even on it. I can't even find it on the Net.

And what then replaces Nick?

Touche. Never heard of it. What is even on it. I can't even find it on the Net.

And what then replaces Nick?
It's called Comedy.TV, it is nothing fantastic but it is for free and they show a lot of stand up comedy which is funnier and cleaner than the crap that Comedy Central puts on. Better than watching a test pattern, which is what I don't want.

Remove the Viacom channels and roll the rest of the top 250 channels into top 200 and drop the price. Put the Encore movie pack in with Starz pack and or ala cart .

Reactions: osu1991
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts