Could Viacom Channels Go *Poof* This Week?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
they are committing suicide if they drop the Viacom channels
They'll be fine. Viacom is who needs to be worried. They've been dropped by many, smaller cablecos already. Dish is probably just the first of the bigger players to consider dropping them or actually doing it.

Reactions: osu1991
So if I signed a contract for two years for a package and channels are removed but price stays the same .Do I have the right to break contract without penalties. Because I feel they broke their contract with me. I mean dish says they do this to keep prices down, but if they take channels away for same price . Do we really win.? or even matter? Isn't this the same thing or am losing my mind ?

So if I signed a contract for two years for a package and channels are removed but price stays the same .Do I have the right to break contract without penalties. Because I feel they broke their contract with me. I mean dish says they do this to keep prices down, but if they take channels away for same price . Do we really win.? or even matter? Isn't this the same thing or am losing my mind ?
No
'Programming subject to change'

*Programming subject to change

Sooner or later they are going to get to something I do like.
Just like they have been toying with channels that people do like already.

Whether or not I care for these Viacom channels, it's still a major Dispute and effects many people with the amount of channels that could be dropped.

I don't think this is wise from either side.
Certainly don't think Dish networks base package prices are worth their current asking price with a Viacom drop.
I know I'm not going to continue to watch my dollars being spent with less and less in return.

That's as simple as that.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I don't disagree, but look at this particular product. They really arent that good, and Dish should in no way give them any more $$$ than they are getting now. These things remind me of union negotioations, they think every 2 years (or whatever), benefits and pay should go up even if production and quality go down. Nothing Viacom currently offers deserves a pat on the back or increase in fees.

Reactions: osu1991
What you feel and what you agreed to are two different things. You agreed to "Channels may be removed at anytime including within a term commitment, with no expectation to compensation". So you can leave, but your ETF would be valid. That and no channel is guaranteed...

They didn't break a contract because the fine print says channel availability is subject to change.

Boy, they are really coming out of the woodwork tonight!!!
channel loss potential...they always do, and are the most insightful.... Know more than anyone else, and know the law better as well... Sometimes I find it more fun arguing fees with Mike than I do seeing some of the people that come out for negotiations...

Reactions: Yespage and KAB
just wondering . thanks for the imput. I to won't miss channels.
Since we get Antenna tv and my tv ,I enjoy better than tv land, I guess like everything else .You pay more for less, sorry just came back from grocery store.:) Had to say it.

Would certainly miss Comedy Central and Spike, but I am not married to any particular channel. I watch more TV off my OTA antenna than from any other source. The channels I receive from DISH are mostly filler. There's always something to watch.

Reactions: osu1991 and KAB
Probably not.... Channel additions are not an overnight thing, and if they were to add it, it is because there was already an arrangement. It would have nothing to do with Viacom pulling their channels off of Dish.

You have some rather interesting ideas for similar channels.

Logo and Rural? I understand you might be joking, but no...
Centric and OWN? VH1 and Oxygen? Actually Oxygen would be a better replacement for Centric. Like Oxygen Centric is a woman's channel. It's just for African American women.
I'm surprised you didn't mention Ovation as a replacement for one of the music channels.

Comedy Central and Spike have content that's not entirely available anywhere else. (Hulu and Amazon have some of the shows, but there's almost a six week delay for those shows.)

I didn't complain about Fox News, but I WILL leave Dish if this outage lasts too long.

My point was that it would be difficult to replicate 18 channels based on what they were once supposed to be and what they air 24/7. However, one can find some of the same shows on those channels on another channel.

I mean the same shows play across the channels as well as other channels from different owners.

Look at how many channels My Wife and Kids play on. MTV2, Oxygen, VH1, and I saw it on Centric a while back.

Look at how many channels play Fresh Prince. BET, VH1, Nick (E), Nick (W),

Roseanne plays on CMT, Logo, and We.

I even caught South Park on MTV one day. SNL has also played on Logo and Comedy Central. Do not get me wrong I actually do not hate these shows, but they are playing across multiple channels.

I am surprised that Suddenlink dropped the Viacom channels for a few years now and added new channels in their places that probably would not be considered proper replacements.

I mean Dish could go with entirely new replacements as follows:

BET -- ASPiRE
Centric - Lifetime Real Women
CMT - heartland/The Country Network
Comedy Central - Comedy.TV
Logo TV -- here
MTV -- TheCoolTV
MTV2 -- Myx
MTV Live --
Nick Jr. -- Sprout
Nickelodeon -- Toku (formerly Funimation Channel)
Nickelodeon (West) --
Nicktoons -- Qubo
Spike --
TeenNick --
Tr3s --
TV Land --
VH1 --Revolt
VH1 Classic --

Maybe someone can help with the blanks. Maybe Dish could add entirely new channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)