Country-Western spoof song "The Videocipher Blues"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

walrus1957

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
40 miles west of Omaha
Some time ago a freind of mine sent me a real degraded recording of a spoof song about pirating satellite TV "The Videocipher Blues". I have always wanted to make a spoof video about pirating satillite TV and use this song for background music.

However the audio track is just to degraded for use. I have spent a lot of time researching for this song but have come up empty. As close as I have come to finding any info on this is a news artical from 1987, copy and paste from google web page:

Mar 8, 1987 – This underground movement has even inspired a recent Country-Western song, ''The VideoCipher Blues," a twangy tale about buying pirate chips ...

Does anyone recognize this song and know the artist, or where I can purchase or download an HD version of it?

Attaching an MP3 file of the song, maybe you'll recognize it.

Attachments

• VC2BLUES.MP3
    572.7 KB · Views: 213
Cool song! :whoo:

I do not remember that one but it is a keeper! :D

You better check with Iceberg about posting something about piracy!!! :rolleyes:

Speaking of Iceberg, is that how he got his all of his stuff??? ;)

Iceberg-

I checked out the other thread you linked to, but no mention as to who the artist is. The MP3 posted is also of the same quality so no help there.

The news artical I ran across was from 1987 so this tune has been out there for some time. Sure wish I could dig up more information on this song, some where there has to be a master copy of it, even if it is on tape. Hopefully not 8-track:D!

I was the one to convert song to Mp3. It played on the late Shawn Kenny television program. He would play it as his theme song. The VHS tape that I found in storage is called BOOK OF REVELATIONS produced Feb 1989. A unknown singer produced 2 songs for him. During this time and the break of VC2 it was estimated that 50% if the decoders had been hacked. The programmers threatened to sue GI and the VC2 plus was borne. A reason that people had hacked boards was legal subscriptions were shut off for no reason and the subscription costs. The game got really ugly and the video police were really busy.

Thanks for the information Wildbill47.

So you say the artist is an unknown? I was thinking it sounds a lot like something Jim Stafford or Jay Huguely would produce.

The news artical that I ran across illuded to the board hacking and law suits over all of this, but sadly very little mention of this song.

Do you still have the tape and can the audio quality be improved on?

Small correction, it's "Shaun Kenny", just watched him on an old Greensheet show hosted on You Tube. Also found the archived threads about Greensheet and Shaun Kenny. Very interesting reading.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts