Couple of ? Before I Order

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mopar_mudder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Wisconsin
1) has it been confirmed that if you don't use PTAT then you have 3 indipendent tunners that you can do with what you want?

2) Is it possible to save recordings from my 622 and 722 to the same external hard drive to transfer to the Hopper? Or do I need 2 external hard drives?

1) has it been confirmed that if you don't use PTAT then you have 3 indipendent tunners that you can do with what you want?
Yes

2) Is it possible to save recordings from my 622 and 722 to the same external hard drive to transfer to the Hopper? Or do I need 2 external hard drives?

Yes...one drive will do provided it is large enough to handle the sum of the two receivers' recordings.

Yes - 3 tuners with PTAT off
I don't see why not. 622, 722 and Hopper share the same EHD configuration. Just transfer the 622's contents to the EHD, move it to the 722 and transfer those, then connect to Hopper and transfer to it. Worst case, transfer the 622's contents to the EHD, connect to Hopper and transfer to it, then do the same with the 722.

Or the long way of moving from the 622 to the EHD. Moving from the EHD to the 722. Then moving all 622 and 722 to the EHD.

Not needed. You can move each unit directly to the same EHD, attach the EHD to the Hopper and then choose to move back to Hopper or just access from EHD. I'm just leaving the stuff on the EHD for now.

Thanks for the replys. Now I just have to decide that I want to loose one tunner making the switch just to get whole house DVR. Plus I want to make sure my EHD will work on the 622/722, I thought you had to have them activated but Dish is telling me no. Also what is the hard drive size in the 622? It is pretty much full, but not much on the 722, wondering if a 500gig drive I have will do it.

I thought you had to have them activated but Dish is telling me no. Also what is the hard drive size in the 622? It is pretty much full, but not much on the 722, wondering if a 500gig drive I have will do it.

Correct, it should be plug and play without need of any activation.

Most self powered USB drives should work, some "green" drives have issues waking up after going to sleep, but if you're just doing a couple of bulk transfers the drive wouldn't have opportunity to sleep.

500gb should be sufficient. I think the 622 is a 300gb or 350gb drive, the 722 is 500gb, but about half the space on both is reserved for Dish.

One more thing that I thought of, that is really a problem with our 622. Right now I have it set to not record any extra minutes before or after a show, if you do it screws up recordings for the next hour. Another words if you run the timmer 1 minute long you can't use that tunner for the next hour and we get a bunch of conflicts. Well needless to say we have a number of shows that we miss about the last 30 seconds because they run long or DISHES clock is off, don't know which but it really bugs the wife and that comes back to me. So any chance that the hopper has fixed this problem and gives you an exta minute with out taking away the next hour on you, I am doubting it but maybe.

I will add, you MUST move your recordings off the ViPs BEFORE the Hopper is installed. Dish will require the ViPs to be deactivated before the Hopper install. And you can't move stuff to the EHD after deactivating. Besides, the installer can't wait. You need to have all that done before he's at your door.

I will add, you MUST move your recordings off the ViPs BEFORE the Hopper is installed. Dish will require the ViPs to be deactivated before the Hopper install. And you can't move stuff to the EHD after deactivating. Besides, the installer can't wait. You need to have all that done before he's at your door.

I planned on doing it the night before to make it easier. Good thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)