Couple of HD questions ??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bp787

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
Ok, i've been doing some reading, and have gotten myself even more confused :( about the current HDTV situation. (and I've not been on the forums in a long time ;) )

I have HDTV w/ D*. I have the Sunday Ticket package. It's great when I'm watching a game in HD. Unfortunately, the local team I don't get to see in HD... unless it's on ESPN due to me having local channels that aren't broadcast in HD via Satellite yet.

Ok... I live in Bloomington, IN. I'm approximately 60 miles from the center of indianapolis. Have not been able to find the actual tower locations as of yet. I live in a valley. I have been told by numerous people that they are unable to consistently get HD programming from Indianapolis in my neighborhood. We are restricted to antennas that do not exceed 5 ft above the roof line of my 2 story house. This appears to still not be enough. Indy HD locals are not going to be carried over satellite anytime soon.

Questions:
1. will i be able to get a waiver because I'm not able to receive the HD broadcasts OTA?

2. In regards to the Superbowl, will it be broadcast on a channel that EVERYONE can get?

bp787 said:
I live in Bloomington, IN. I'm approximately 60 miles from the center of indianapolis. Have not been able to find the actual tower locations.

Questions:
1. will i be able to get a waiver because I'm not able to receive the HD broadcasts OTA?

2. In regards to the Superbowl, will it be broadcast on a channel that EVERYONE can get?

http://www.antennaweb.org will provide great help show you where they are in general.

http://www.fcc.gov maintains a list of where your local towers are locate by exact address and map.

1. Only your affiliate can answer this
2. I doubt it but who knows.

I have read that until the new digital white areas are created ther is a HOLD on issuing new waivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts