Couple of questions about the QPH-031

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LordAlex

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
Hi guys and ...gals?

I read a thread on here, but cannot find it, about setting a "port" number in the receiver's antenna setup in reference to what port on the DISEqC switch that sat will be coming through. I didn't see that info in the antenna setup on my 3500.

Secondly, my -301 casing is not well sealed down the center line. I can push the two sides together an close the gap. Should I put some adhesive in there before it goes out into the weather?

Lastly, any problems using a 4x1 switch if the unused two are terminated?

Thanks !:hatsoff:

4x1 will work, good idea to terminate :)

I usually crack open all my LNB's the casing is just that, its not a water seal!

It has four outputs 2 x C and 2 x L.

On my Traxis DBS 3500 I have port 1 for Linear and Port 2 for Circular!

Ok so you do need to know the ports for circular vs linear sats...where does that info show up in your traxxis? I didn't see it in my 3500.

Receivers do not differentiate between circular and linear signals, its up to you to remember what one is what!

I set the ports under................... DiSEqC

Right Hand = Vertical

Left Hand = Horizontal

When I said "see" I meant set. Thanks, it was DiSEqC on mine too.

Now as for H or V TP #1 is always showing when go to add a sat with V or H showing...do I need to set it anywhere else before I start trying to get quality readings?

Need, DFreq. / Polarity / Symbol Rate of a LIVE TP. before you will start to see signal quality!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts