Couple of questions about the QPH-031

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LordAlex

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
Hi guys and ...gals?

I read a thread on here, but cannot find it, about setting a "port" number in the receiver's antenna setup in reference to what port on the DISEqC switch that sat will be coming through. I didn't see that info in the antenna setup on my 3500.

Secondly, my -301 casing is not well sealed down the center line. I can push the two sides together an close the gap. Should I put some adhesive in there before it goes out into the weather?

Lastly, any problems using a 4x1 switch if the unused two are terminated?

Thanks !:hatsoff:

4x1 will work, good idea to terminate :)

I usually crack open all my LNB's the casing is just that, its not a water seal!

It has four outputs 2 x C and 2 x L.

On my Traxis DBS 3500 I have port 1 for Linear and Port 2 for Circular!

Ok so you do need to know the ports for circular vs linear sats...where does that info show up in your traxxis? I didn't see it in my 3500.

Receivers do not differentiate between circular and linear signals, its up to you to remember what one is what!

I set the ports under................... DiSEqC

Right Hand = Vertical

Left Hand = Horizontal

When I said "see" I meant set. Thanks, it was DiSEqC on mine too.

Now as for H or V TP #1 is always showing when go to add a sat with V or H showing...do I need to set it anywhere else before I start trying to get quality readings?

Need, DFreq. / Polarity / Symbol Rate of a LIVE TP. before you will start to see signal quality!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)