Court tv?

So you have no problem with dish dropping all the channels that only say 10% of their viewers watch and not decreasing prices? If we allow DISH to get away with this type of crap, then eventually thats whats going to happen. Less channels + higher sub costs.
Huh?....Now we all know what you suggest is not going to happen.
Let's look at this from another angle. Would you you be in favor of or opposed to a la carte?
BTW Dish isn't "getting away " with anything..The company is protectecting it's subs from excessive rate increases.

So you have no problem with dish dropping all the channels that only say 10% of their viewers watch and not decreasing prices? If we allow DISH to get away with this type of crap, then eventually thats whats going to happen. Less channels + higher sub costs.

Well, when Dish drops all it's channels that 10% of their viewers watch and they don't decrease their price, give me a call! Until then, your argument in this post s pretty ridiculous!

Also now it seems like HBO has files a lawsuit on Dish for $90 million. They claim Dish has not payed them what is owed programming fees, the improper calculation of licensing fees and accrued interest payments. On top of that Dishes contract with HBO ended Jan 1. So will Dish has really screwed up because Time Warner owns a lot of significatly viewed channels and Dish can not afford to lose all Time Warner channels. So all of you who don't agree with my earlier post don't say I never told you so. Don't forget the final episodes of Soprano starts in April.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6409241.html

Holy schmoly Scott...just how many communications providers do you have? Let's just say I would hate to pay your monthly video, internet, and phone bills.:( :(

Let's see...

Dish Network - Video
AT&T U-Verse - Video
ITVN - Video
ExpressVU - Video
Cox Cable - Telephone and Internet
Verizon - Cell Phone

But at the end of the year I can write it off on my taxes, so I guess its not so bad.

Also now it seems like HBO has files a lawsuit on Dish for $90 million. They claim Dish has not payed them what is owed programming fees, the improper calculation of licensing fees and accrued interest payments. On top of that Dishes contract with HBO ended Jan 1. So will Dish has really screwed up because Time Warner owns a lot of significatly viewed channels and Dish can not afford to lose all Time Warner channels. So all of you who don't agree with my earlier post don't say I never told you so. Don't forget the final episodes of Soprano starts in April.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6409241.html

I think HBO has to "win" first..These are just allegations till proven in court

The only reason why I have the HD Platinum package is because I have 5 DVR's.

I dont watch the premium channels. But in my case it works out to be cheaper.

Charlie is a rampant "egomaniac" who could care less about his subs!Though you may hate "Court TV"; remember, tomorrow it might be your favorite channel that he pulls! I am now going to have to consder Direct and change all my equipment.Dish must have a board, and they need to fire Charlie now!

Last time I looked DISH was over $40 per share. After 10 years with this co. I can honestly tell you, thats the only thing this guy gives a crap about

Hmm.. feb 1st is coming up pretty quick. We may not see this channel again. didnt dish say they would remove the court tv listing from their program guide on the 1st if they didnt resolve this? I swear if this happens to HBO which it is not looking to pretty, i am done with dish.loyal customer for 8 years(ive supported charlie for alot of this stuff) but enough is enough this stuff is happening way to often anymore.

Hmm.. feb 1st is coming up pretty quick. We may not see this channel again. didnt dish say they would remove the court tv listing from their program guide on the 1st if they didnt resolve this? I swear if this happens to HBO which it is not looking to pretty, i am done with dish.loyal customer for 8 years(ive supported charlie for alot of this stuff) but enough is enough this stuff is happening way to often anymore.

I'd say HBO is a much more important channel for E* or anyone to keep than Courtv ever will be. I personally feel Time/Warner is doing the thing with HBO to get even with E* for not renewing Courtv.

Ron

Or nothing happens... that is another option stone. Perhaps the placeholder on channel 204 goes away. But there is a possibility that Court goes away but the CI network doesn't get added!

Wild guess time: My prediction is we will get A&E HD in the HD pack, A&E CI added to AT100 or 200 on Feb. first. Court TV will return on AT200 (120) and from the 110° location sometime in late February. Please keep in mind that I just reached behind me and pulled somethoung out of my back-side and look at it and that is how I came up with the guess. No inside info. No real knowledge of the real situation. The HBO law suit will be settled mysteriously about a week or two later. There will then be a new special HBO/Cinemax bundle special around late spring or Summer.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)