Court tv?

"My wife is getting addicted to Biography Channel (that temporarily replaced CourtTV) and I'm afraid when it goes away I will be forced to upgrade my package to keep her happy!!!!"

Do you leave your receiver on that channel and just watch whatever E* puts on it?
;)

Do we have Hallmark Movie channel already?, I can't find it in the guide, could someone give me a channel number? I would love to watch this channel. Thanks.

No we do not have Hallmark Movie Channel already unless you have The Family Pack which is $20. We will see this channel get added to AT180 (it will be renamed AT250 by that time) in a month or two. The renewal of my annual package literature also states this.

Last edited:
Been thinking about going to DIRECT, this may just push over the edge...COURT TV has a lot of interesting programming besides COPS!

"My wife is getting addicted to Biography Channel (that temporarily replaced CourtTV) and I'm afraid when it goes away I will be forced to upgrade my package to keep her happy!!!!"

Do you leave your receiver on that channel and just watch whatever E* puts on it?
;)

Doesn't everyone? :p

I think this channel is more likely to get axed permanently than the others but they will probably figure something out eventually. This channel is not going to cost them a lot of customers by being off of their system. We may see this channel get added with Turner renogiations when it comes time to negotiate a new deal for TBS and the other channels along with anther hefty price increase.

Been thinking about going to DIRECT, this may just push over the edge...COURT TV has a lot of interesting programming besides COPS!

If I were you I wouldn't make this the deciding factor to switching... it's most likely that they'll reach an agreement in a month or so, and it'll be back on Dish.

I think most of the news media are almost like court TV any way. When any of famous cases comes up they show 24/7 like there are nothing else to report.

I think Court tv's website telling us to leave D* just because we have lost Court TV in my opinion is stupid. NO way would I ever leave any service just because we lost a channel. Even if it was a channel that I viewed. They'll eventually settle and it'll be back is how i feel.

To me it's a silly reason to leave a service. Price is more important to me than a temprorarily dropped channel. Anybody care to guess how many people leave just because this or any other channel is temporarily dropped?

When D* dropped Viacom I lost my local CBS station. I just waited it out for I knew D* would never permanently give that up. I was right in a less than a week all the Viacom channels were back.

Ron

I think Court tv's website telling us to leave D* just because we have lost Court TV in my opinion is stupid. NO way would I ever leave any service just because we lost a channel. Even if it was a channel that I viewed. They'll eventually settle and it'll be back is how i feel.

To me it's a silly reason to leave a service. Price is more important to me than a temprorarily dropped channel. Anybody care to guess how many people leave just because this or any other channel is temporarily dropped?

When D* dropped Viacom I lost my local CBS station. I just waited it out for I knew D* would never permanently give that up. I was right in a less than a week all the Viacom channels were back.

Ron

FYI, D* usually means DirecTV, E* is for Dishnetwork (which is owned by Echostar).

THIS IS NOTHING MORE THAN A PISSING MATCH BETWEEN 2 MASSIVE MALE EGOS;CHARLES EGREN AND TED TURNER WITH THE VIEWERS BEING SCREWED BY BOTH PARTIES.However

This is nothing more than a pissing match between 2 massive male egos; Charles Egren and Ted Turner with the viewers being screwd by both tyrants.However as a long term Dish subscriber,I can tell you that "Uncle Charlie" has done this many times before so the blame has to go on him.Court Tv is 1 of the few non-major networks other than news that actually has new AM content.Yes I am retired!

I haven't read all 20 pages of messages (glanced here and there), so pardon if the following has been discussed...

my thoughts...

1) We should be flooding the COURT TV phone number and asking them why they are working unreasonably to raise our satellite service bills. I'm okay if they are asking for a reasonable increase, but I have a feeling they are seeing if they can get more than a reasonable fee increase out of DISH.

2) If COURT TV was a channel I actually cared about, I'd probably write a letter to my state AG. I know DISH is not responsible for the loss or gain of channels in their packages, but when they lock you into an 18 month committment and penalize you to break it, there should be a penalty-free out if a channel is taken off the system that you would go elsewhere to get because you cared enough. It seems anti-consumer to make you a customer using attractive programming package of channels and then delete out channels when carriage cannot be renewed and you are stuck without potential favorite channels for the rest of your committment.

I don't mind Charlie if he's fighting for reasonable programmer carriage fee increases, but if this COURT TV was reasonable and he's still fighting it, then I blame him for the mess. Losing COURT TV is okay, but I'm concerned for the future of any of my 6 favorites in the AT60 package.

If court tv was really "popular" there would be a on screen message in the program guide at a bare mininum. E* has done nuthin. Really really makes you wonder why

Ron

I'm ageed with you. Ted Turner is stupid telling us to leave Dish Network just because DN lost his Court TV. Go back to the business table with Charlie and reach an fear agreement for both part. I don't understand why Ted Turner wants more money because Dish Network and DirecTV are adding NEW subcribers every month and he get more commission for that.:cool:

Jose.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)