Court tv?

I wonder who is hurting most, Court TV or Dish? Personally, once the OJ circus was over, I have never watched it and I guess there are millions more like me.

It must hurt Court TV a lot to have lost 13 million customers while my guess is Dish has lost very few customers over it, so it dosen't take a rocket scientist to work out who is going to be the winner in the long run.

Lets face it Dish is a big programme distributor and therefore has clout. I applaud them for using that clout to resist the attempts of mediochre, little watched channels to extort large sums of money that will, in the long run, only make the cuistomers viewing costs rise even more than they are rising at present.

When Charlie makes these stands I am with him 100%, its the only way that price increases can be kept at reasonable levels for us, the customers.

Inside said:
When Charlie makes these stands I am with him 100%, its the only way that price increases can be kept at reasonable levels for us, the customers.
Pricing of programming is less than half of your bill. Would you care to then ask why Dish Network is raising rates almost 7 percent across the board, save AT60?

AT120, which will become AT200, is currently $39.99. Less than half, or $20, goes to programming. Do you believe the programming rates went up $3 a month? Or is Dish Network taking a piece of that extra $3 pie as well?

We all know that call centers, satellites, launch vehicles, personel, engineers, facilities, and equipment needed and all the other costs of doing business to deliver the signal to subscribers is all free too.

See ya
Tony

I'd say CourTv is hurting more than Dish otherwise the channel would have already been back.

Not necessarily. But in the long run I agree that the channel needs providers more than the other way around.

Don't get mad at the others, but there was already a thread about this, and it has kinda died down. We have had only one call at our office about it. Yes if you are die-hard about it great, am not knocking you, its just that its not the end of the world.

Anyone here upset about losing Court tv? I mean its not a bad channel i like it to watch cops, and other reality shows espically since they brought back the police chases and there all new. I was just wondering if anyone is upset about it?

Yes I'm upset about losing Court TV but not as upset as I would be if my rates went up because they wanted more money from me.
I support Dish Network for their stance.
I also would like YES but not if that service wants too much money.
It's time someone took a position against these providers that want to hold a gun to our head.
Hang in there Dish Network.

Rumor Alert:::: If Dish and Turner do not settle on the Court TV dispute, Dish will replace it with A&E's Crime & Investigation Network. It is a new network to the US but it has been in operation in Europe and Australia for years.

I am also merging the two threads "Court TV" threads.

Tony

I watched Court TV from time to time, but must admit I don't even remember it's gone unless I see this thread.

Greg Bimson wrote "Pricing of programming is less than half of your bill. Would you care to then ask why Dish Network is raising rates almost 7 percent across the board, save AT60?

AT120, which will become AT200, is currently $39.99. Less than half, or $20, goes to programming. Do you believe the programming rates went up $3 a month? Or is Dish Network taking a piece of that extra $3 pie as well?"

Certainly Dish may be getting more profit, but there are many many other costs to Dish other than programming ones. The cost of fuel alone, has a multiplying effect on rising costs. (Delivery costs go up, the actual heating cost of buildings, etc...) Then there's wage increases, and of course the big one - Lawyer and Court costs! :D

Rumor Alert:::: If Dish and Turner do not settle on the Court TV dispute, Dish will replace it with A&E's Crime & Investigation Network. It is a new network to the US but it has been in operation in Europe and Australia for years.

Tony
Ok, if Dish Network were to take such action would CourtTV consider it to be a CIN or a Crime (huge pun intended)?:rolleyes:

Also, what are the odds that Turner would take EchoStar to court...only to broadcast the procedings on CourtTV, which is not available to Dish Network subscribers. Would this not constitute a double-dose of irony?:confused:

And do you think the CourtTV reports would remain "Fair & Balanced" when witnesses from Lifetime and OLN were called to testify against E*? This could be one of CourTV's better circus shows since the O.J. Simpson trial...or least Dr. Kevorkian's trail.:eek:

Tampa8 said:
Certainly Dish may be getting more profit, but there are many many other costs to Dish other than programming ones. The cost of fuel alone, has a multiplying effect on rising costs. (Delivery costs go up, the actual heating cost of buildings, etc...) Then there's wage increases, and of course the big one - Lawyer and Court costs!
So why complain about Court TV when they have the exact same expenses as Echostar? Or do we just have too many cheerleaders and fanboys?

Tony
I guess they would put that one right next to sleuth??;)

Tony

That would be great!!! I never liked Court TV.

Tony

FIOS TV actually has this channel (C & I) now on #162. Haven't watched it yet though...

Tony

Tony, do you have any knowledge as to the programming presentation of this channel. I get a general idea from the name but was wondering if you have any detail. Thanks.

I won't miss Court TV one bit. It had too many commercials and all it played in the evening was reruns of shows that I've seen already. So I say good riddance to it.

I won't miss Court TV one bit. It had too many commercials and all it played in the evening was reruns of shows that I've seen already. So I say good riddance to it.

I won't miss it either..Many times the audio of the people speaking inside the courtroom was very poor. Watching an attorney ask yes or no questions can get pretty boring after a while..

Court TV is one of the few non network channels that actually has new AM programming, though of course they have evening reruns.They aren't going to compete against Prime Time networks.Most other c/s channels have endless reruns and no original progrmming.This fight is really not about money; Both companies are greedy, but it is about the egomania of the DisH CEO.He wants everybody to know his name. no matter how negative the publicity is.Yes millions of people watch CTV,like me.Your favorite channels could be next!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)