Court tv?

Because it isn't there yet. IF Charlie decides that court tv is permanetly going off then you might see it as a replacement channel.

:rolleyes: Let me guess, you surveyed every DISH customer to see if the loss of CourTv has upset them?
I would think that because therre's not a lot of news about the negotiations and littel media coverage, there isn't a great urgency to return Court Tv to the E* lineup....Add those factors in to the glaringly obvious lack of public protest(relative to the furor over the temporary loss of Lifetime) it seems Court Tv isn't really all that important to most E* subs..So be it...I really don't care to see my bill go up to subsidize a small percentage of E* subs who cannot seem to function without this channel..
IMO this is a classic example of why A la carte is necessary...

:rolleyes: Let me guess, you surveyed every DISH customer to see if the loss of CourTv has upset them?

Dish has 13+ million customers, so a mass exodus would mean that hundreds of thousands of those customers would be leaving to somewhere else. Something like that would be news worthy and would affect Dish numbers, not only in stock prices but in employee layoffs and restructuring even the channel coming back up. None of which are happening, in fact their stock is up over $10 per share in the last year. Even though they had the squabble with Lifetime, lost distants, dropped Court-TV.
Let's face it, even here with 67,000+ members and let say there are 1/3 Dish customers (20,000?) their isn't a "mass exodus" of people saying they are leaving Dish over Court-TV. I don't have to call 13+ million customers to know that this isn't a big deal, and for those who think it is a big deal to a large population of the tv viewing public, I have some swamp land in Arizona to sell ya!

I really never watched the Court tv channel and my guess is that it wasn't that widely viewed since Dish wants to move it to a higher programming pack. My bet is that most people didn't ever watch it or even know that it was there. Why doesn't someone run a poll to see if anyone cared or will switch because of this one channel.

** I would think that a poll of the members on this site would give you a pretty good indication of how most people would leave or stay with Dish over the elimination of the Court tv channel.

You have to subscribe to SOMETHING on Dish to be able to get the Free PI Pack. You can get one of the superstations for $1.50 + 5 access fee + Free PI pack. But you cannot just get the PI pack.

See ya
Tony

You have to subscribe to SOMETHING on Dish to be able to get the Free PI Pack. You can get one of the superstations for $1.50 + 5 access fee + Free PI pack. But you cannot just get the PI pack.

See ya
Tony
earlier i was able to have kust pi pack with nothing else then i added outdoor channel

Its amazing how many subs think this issue is about Court TV. Its not; its about Charlies massive egomania and his need to control the subs.Many people make fun of Court TV watchers, but remember, tommorrow, Charlie may pull your favorite channel(s)without warning! What will you say then?

Its amazing how many subs think this issue is about Court TV. Its not; its about Charlies massive egomania and his need to control the subs.Many people make fun of Court TV watchers, but remember, tommorrow, Charlie may pull your favorite channel(s)without warning! What will you say then?

No, this thread is about Court-TV, it even says so right in the title (you must have missed that part).
Dish doesn't drop channels just because they feel like it. After months of negotiations, if a deal can't get done, then sometimes channels have to go dark in order for the deal to get pushed through.
If you don't like it, then go someplace else. Plain and Simple.
I for one, am glad Dish stands up to programmers to get the best deal possible. If it happens that it is a channel I like (and court-tv sure isn't one of them) then I would look into going somewhere else, but I really am not so tied to a channel that my life would end if it got dropped. I mean there are about 300 choices to choose from.

So far Yes!!!! For me cheaper and better PQ then cable. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)