Cowboys to release Pacman Jones

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3817195"]Dallas Cowboys release Adam "Pacman" Jones - ESPN[/ame]

Nice to know the Cowboys aren't dumb enough to let him come back for a second season.

BTW, let me be the first to predict that Pacman will go to the Canadian Football League.

(I was going to say the Raiders, but Al Davis is not THAT desperate... or is he?)

I hope so. this guy where ever he goes it's the same story.I hope nobody signs him if this happens but we all know someone will give this guy yet another chance.

Just hope it's not your favorite team !

I hope he stays there in Dallas, it's a sure way to have a lack of concentration come playoff time every year.

this is only a drop in the bucket. they still have more issues
At least it's a step towards the right direction. Granted I view this with about the same sort of reverence and appreciation that I do with an alcoholic who declares themselves "one day sober," but every change helps them.

Maybe he'll go to the Clowns:D, and Pac-man will probably go to the Bungles.

i think we saw the last of adam jones. he can't complain,i've never seen someone get so many 2nd opportunities. I would be shocked if some fool picks him up. The difference between T.O. and Jones is that owens has talent. jones played horrible this season.

Just hope it's not your favorite team !

my wife asked me that same question yesterday. I said HELL NO!!!! in other words lets destroy what the fins have accomplished so far. By the way she loves football and actually knows quite a bit about the sport. It's great to have her next to me on football sundays and all the espn and nfl network shows:) My mother and sister hate the football season.

As a fan of a team in DESPERATE need of some WR help....I am still IFFY. I am not a big believer in this "harmony in the lockerroom" BS because IF you are winning, all that talk does not come up. And with the very good running back corp and a up and coming improving QB, he may good for a couple of years....sign him to a incentive filled contract and for a couple of years.

As a fan of a team in DESPERATE need of some WR help....I am still IFFY. I am not a big believer in this "harmony in the lockerroom" BS because IF you are winning, all that talk does not come up. And with the very good running back corp and a up and coming improving QB, he may good for a couple of years....sign him to a incentive filled contract and for a couple of years.
You don't believe in team chemistry? The Cowboys actually had a winning record this year. It's not like they were the Lions. So don't think that bad stuff only happens when you are losing.

The Cowboys actually had a winning record this year.

Same record as the Arizona Cardinals- 9-7.

Of course, both teams had completely different expectations, and look at how both coaches are being viewed.

Ken Whisenhunt is being hailed as a hero in the desert, while Cowboy fans want Wade Phillips gone.

You don't believe in team chemistry? The Cowboys actually had a winning record this year. It's not like they were the Lions. So don't think that bad stuff only happens when you are losing.

No...I don't. Because team chemistry is a non issue when you win. The Oakland A's of the early 70s and Yankees of the late 70's proved that over and over again.
TALENT and LUCK win you championships....not chemistry. Chemistry ONLY keeps the team together a little longer. The Boston Red Sox ALSO proved both of those statements just recently.

I was in the Chicago Bulls locker room manny times during the 2nd part of the 6 NBA Championships and the chemistry at the time was so-so AT BEST...that sure as sh*t didn't stop them. When they added the so-called "ultimate cancer" at the time, Dennis Rodman.....they won INSPITE of him and his antics....and believe me there were plenty that were NEVER reported by the media.

So yes, TO ME, "team chemistry" is overrated.

Last edited:

As a Cleveland Browns Fan....

NASCAR Cafe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts