Cozi on 103

Status
Please reply by conversation.

I'll order one of those this weekend and give it a shot. Any suggestions on the LNBF? Oh, while I think of it, I located a 10 foot perferated steel dish in great shape. It has 4 places where the paint eroded over the years, but it's just a light surface rust, very easy to fix. The man living in the house is renting it, but he said he'd contact the landlord and see if I can have it. This thing is built like a tank.

I'll bet it weighs a ton too, but I can get my flatbed pick up right up to it. I'll have to convince the hornets to move before I can take it down. :) I've drove right by this dish a hundred times and didn't notice it. The house sits back in a steep cove between 2 very steep hills. Looking at the trees, there's no way they could put it back in service without doing some serious tree cutting. I'll post pictures when I get some. Not sure what brand it is. Maybe someone in here can identify it.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
wvman did you ever get your Ku dish set up??

I have not. I mentioned in an earlier thread about a 4 foot offset dish sold by Angel Electronics in Ontario, Canada I would like to have and I think I've worked out a way to get it. A friend of mine who comes in from Canada to deer hunt with us lives about 45 miles from Angel, and I'm going to see if he can pick up one and bring it down with him this deer season.

I may decide to get two while I'm at it. At $145.00 for a Fortec Star, it's a steal. Can't touch them in the U.S. anywhere for that price. I'm not sure what the duties will be on stuff like that. Once I get it, I will install it and go from there. I'm kind of anxious to see what's up there in Ku these days.

Read old forum posts on the 1.2m Fortec Star dishes before you buy. They were very thin gauge steel and not galvanized. Many hobbyists resorted to turnbuckles and backstays to maintain proper reflector shape. From my experience, I do not recommend. You get what you pay for...

Reactions: Phalaenopsis
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)