Cozi TV and the Media General replacement for LWN saga.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And as we all know wiki is the gospel ;)
Yeah I know...I had added Cozi to KLFY Wiki page around mid august to middle September when I talked to the lady from KLFY saying about the Cozi Launch Date, well someone immediately removed it, well the same individual put it back. If it doesn't launch I'll either take it off or call em back.

I went on KLFY'S Wikipedia page and erased the Cozi off. Its been 5 months and I dont expect Media General to add a subchannel especially when Nexstar is trying to buy them out. I'm very disappointed in MG. Thankfully I can catch CBS from another market I'll watch it. Now I can put this Cozi Hoplessness to rest.

I went on KLFY'S Wikipedia page and erased the Cozi off.
whihc is why anything on wiki you take with a grain of salt

Its been 5 months and I dont expect Media General to add a subchannel especially when Nexstar is trying to buy them out.
oh boo hoo. Media General probably has more important things to deal with then whether or not they will add a new subchanel
I'm very disappointed in MG.
be sure to e-mail them that 18 times
Thankfully I can catch CBS from another market I'll watch it.
so lemme understand this....just because a station has a lot more on their plate (like being bought out or merged) than adding a subchannel you're not going to watch their main station? ummmm can you say CHILDISH!

Now I can put this Cozi Hoplessness to rest.
yeah um sure...you have said that 3 or 4 times. But I'm sure in a week you'll be back posting about it again

Seriously. its just TV. Why not enjoy what you have right now and not worry about what the future might hold. With the whole auction thing supposedly happening next year the TV landscape may drastically change.

My reply was good till I put the watching another cbs market since they dont wanna add something. That was dumb. I wont email them 18 times. The thing that gets me is that they added Cozi to some of their other stations why they couldn't do it for the 5 of us (wbay and WKRN already have something lined up). I'll just take it with a grain of salt. Like u said to me in another post the 4 I have already is better than nothing....

whihc is why anything on wiki you take with a grain of salt

oh boo hoo. Media General probably has more important things to deal with then whether or not they will add a new subchanel

be sure to e-mail them that 18 times

so lemme understand this....just because a station has a lot more on their plate (like being bought out or merged) than adding a subchannel you're not going to watch their main station? ummmm can you say CHILDISH!

yeah um sure...you have said that 3 or 4 times. But I'm sure in a week you'll be back posting about it again

Seriously. its just TV. Why not enjoy what you have right now and not worry about what the future might hold. With the whole auction thing supposedly happening next year the TV landscape may drastically change.

Media General has better things to do than add a subchannel......ok they added subchannels to 4 of their stations in June (COZI), now addind 2 to ION but I'm supposed to sit back and let it go. Well F.T.S. if they can add subchannels then they can get off their sorry A-- and add something to us that have a blank spot from losing LIVEWELL......

BOO HOO, call me a child whatever, you understand know YOUR GREATNESS why I have nothing for Media General......total Bull S.....

I see someone didnt take their medicine. :rolleyes:
Just because an owner makes a change in one market doesn't mean it goes across the board

I live in a Sinclair market that as of right now is not getting Comet at launch. So I guess I should go on the Sinclair site, their facebook and e-mail them 1800 times "why wont you add CometTV?" and continue to post here and elsewhere your gripes?

You know...I really hope they add Ion there on KLFY since they dont have Ion there. Then you'll have something new to bitch about because they didn't add what YOU wanted :rolleyes:

I see someone didnt take their medicine. :rolleyes:
Just because an owner makes a change in one market doesn't mean it goes across the board

I live in a Sinclair market that as of right now is not getting Comet at launch. So I guess I should go on the Sinclair site, their facebook and e-mail them 1800 times "why wont you add CometTV?" and continue to post here and elsewhere your gripes?

You know...I really hope they add Ion there on KLFY since they dont have Ion there. Then you'll have something new to bitch about because they didn't add what YOU wanted :rolleyes:
I understand your point and where your coming from, I appreciate you help and knowledge of the antenna you have given me. I just think it's not fair. Yeah I know I continue to act like a kid and the station owner does what they want and I apologize for that. All I am saying is that if they can do it for 2 or 4 then why not the 6 of us former live well stations.....It just seems fair....No I wont go to KLFY fb, twitter page and gripe, they wont answer and well as for the person I can email from MG, I stopped that before I got sick real bad...Again I am not getting my drawers tied in knots, I am just standing up and saying if they do for one they can slide us in too it's only fair and makes sense. I'll take the Ion in a heartbeat, I'll take the other "boring stations' too.....THANK YOU

well it looks like 2 former LIN now MG stations is adding Ion too (from the other thread)
WANE Ft Wayne, IN (replacing WX) 15-3
WLFI Lafayette, IN (cooltv was there a couple years ago) 18-3

well it looks like 2 former LIN now MG stations is adding Ion too (from the other thread)
WANE Ft Wayne, IN (replacing WX) 15-3
WLFI Lafayette, IN (cooltv was there a couple years ago) 18-3
They are adding subchannels to alot of their former lin stations 6 to cozi and now 4 to Ion. I guess they'll eventually, sometime in the future get to their former Young stations.

I rescanned the TV no Cozi on 10.2 KLFY. Maybe something before the end of the year, keep fingers crossed...
There really isn't any reason to rescan unless a new station shows up or a station changes RF stations (if it moved from say RF51 to RF50)
Most TV's will automatically rescan the PSIP info if there is any updates to a channels stream. Example would be is if they pulled 10-2 off (if I remember right you mentioned 10-2 is just a slate) and just had 10-1 most TV's will update and drop the 10-2 from the list.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that Media General likes to load up on subchannels, In Buffalo, their WNLO has Bounce, while there's nothing on their CBS affiliate WIVB. Meanwhile the Fox, NBC and ABC stations each have two subs. Anyone from the Buffalo area know why WIVB has resisted the call of the diginet? As a CBS station, wouldn't Decades be a perfect fit?

Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that Media General likes to load up on subchannels, In Buffalo, their WNLO has Bounce, while there's nothing on their CBS affiliate WIVB. Meanwhile the Fox, NBC and ABC stations each have two subs. Anyone from the Buffalo area know why WIVB has resisted the call of the diginet? As a CBS station, wouldn't Decades be a perfect fit?
Yes Decades would

Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that Media General likes to load up on subchannels
they do? News to me

, In Buffalo, their WNLO has Bounce, while there's nothing on their CBS affiliate WIVB. Meanwhile the Fox, NBC and ABC stations each have two subs. Anyone from the Buffalo area know why WIVB has resisted the call of the diginet?
all depends on the owner
NBC in Buffalo is owned by Gannett (Tegna). They have a agreement with Justice Network.
ABC is Scripps. They have agreements with Laff and Escape
FOX is Sinclair. They have agreements with Get, Grit, TCN and Comet (or a mix of them)

MG has some contracts...but not universal (or mostly universal) like the examples above

they do? News to me

all depends on the owner
NBC in Buffalo is owned by Gannett (Tegna). They have a agreement with Justice Network.
ABC is Scripps. They have agreements with Laff and Escape
FOX is Sinclair. They have agreements with Get, Grit, TCN and Comet (or a mix of them)

MG has some contracts...but not universal (or mostly universal) like the examples above
Speaking of loading up MG has maybe 6 of their soon to be 88 stations that have 3
Or 4 on a one station like WANE and KXAN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts