KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
I know a lot of you already know this, but today I decided to aim my 1.2M Ku dish at 103 with the odd skew and leave it. I have done it before but just to test things out. I have been home today and let Cozi run in the back ground. It has caused me to be not very productive. It has taken me back about 30 years. I can't stop watching it. Why didn't I do this before.

Yes I have noticed that, but it is still cool to watch.

There are a couple shows I watched today that I remember well, and I did notice that they cut some of it out for more commercials...:mad:....but no complaining.

I know TVLand cuts out program material to add more commercial time. Unfortunately, many networks either do this or "time compression", where the program material is sped up slightly (or sometimes not so slightly) ...

I know a lot of you already know this, but today I decided to aim my 1.2M Ku dish at 103 with the odd skew and leave it. I have done it before but just to test things out. I have been home today and let Cozi run in the back ground. It has caused me to be not very productive. It has taken me back about 30 years. I can't stop watching it. Why didn't I do this before.
Ku, C? TP?

I watch for the "Bionic Woman", "Six Million Dollar Man" and "Banacek". I hadn't noticed if they cut the program material but they air that facelift commercial at every opportunity.

I was delighted to see banacek on,since I have season 1 on dvd I was going to record season 2.They hack it up so bad I didn't even bother to record.I believe to cph (commercials per hour) back then was 10 minutes per hour.So a 1/2 hour show was actually 25 minutes.So they have to hack out 5 minutes plus.The old RTV on 123w used to show programs the original length(I timed it once) and subsidized the channel with infomercials.

If you don't mind me asking, what programming are you finding so enjoyable to watch again? Every time I tune in that channel there's not much that interests me. Maybe I'm just tuning in at the wrong times or something. Or maybe we just have entirely different tastes in retro programming altogether. To give you an idea of some of my tastes, they would be programs like such...The Munsters, Mr. Ed, Sanford and Son, Rat Patrol, Wagon Train, Branded, Have Gun will Travel, Land of the Giants, The Invaders, Flipper, Green Acres, Arnie..etc. Are any of those shows on there?

If you don't mind me asking, what programming are you finding so enjoyable to watch again? Every time I tune in that channel there's not much that interests me. Maybe I'm just tuning in at the wrong times or something. Or maybe we just have entirely different tastes in retro programming altogether. To give you an idea of some of my tastes, they would be programs like such...The Munsters, Mr. Ed, Sanford and Son, Rat Patrol, Wagon Train, Branded, Have Gun will Travel, Land of the Giants, The Invaders, Flipper, Green Acres, Arnie..etc. Are any of those shows on there?

Oh it was no show in particular was just stuff I don't see on MeTV that reminded me of my youth. ;)

I've noticed that COZI comes and goes on AMC 1 KU. During Christmas the signal was steady, but during the last 2 months it is either weak or strong. I thought AMC 1 was being replaced with a new satellite? Has this already happened?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts