Cozi TV is Awesome

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They haven't replaced it yet. [AFAIK] lyngsat, space news, etc, show AMC1 active. Replacement still just 'parked' in the same position. If, and when, it would get replaced it will encourage me to motorize the 1.2 I have there now.

I'm not confident that the TPs will be any stronger on the new satellite, but at least we won't have to use a special skew for that orbital slot. I still may dedicate a fixed 1.2M dish to that bird, though, since there's so much on it.

Is Cozi TV still up on FTA? I was going to try and get it in this coming weekend. I live outside Erie PA. Will I get a good signal?

Thanks in advance for your time.

1) yes.
2) don't know, depends on a lot of factors, your equipment being one. One - Don't know how well that T90 performs. Can only say for certain that on my dedicated 1.2m it's a very good signal.
Remember - the skew on that satellite is ~25° off of where it should be.

Is Cozi TV still up on FTA? I was going to try and get it in this coming weekend. I live outside Erie PA. Will I get a good signal?

I just checked Cozi TVs affiliate list, and wpcj's three nearest broadcast TV stations, in Philadelphia, Cincinnati and New York City, are all 300 to 350 miles from Erie PA. You might want to drop a line to one of your local TV stations that is presently underutilizing its bandwidth and put a bug in their ear. I watch Cozi TV quite a bit, here in the Washington DC metro region. Banacek is on tonight, but unfortunately, there were only 17 Banacek episodes shot, so it will grow stale soon.

We also enjoy free, broadcast TV reception of Aljazerra, Russia Today and France 24 here.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)