COZI TV on AMC 1 @ 103W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I might need a slight allignment adjustment. Usually the beachcams have to be at Q:75% to get the NBCs/Cozi (MS10 currently at 72%).
However, last night and this morning I was getting 11760/h/30000 at 50-60% and 0% on 111840/11880

Cheers, K

I watched cozi for an hour this morning on a 6ft sadoun with ns741 set at normal skew with no problems. It does seem to be there consistently now.

Kraven,
Do you have a PLL LNB that you can try?
It appears it has a greater latitude when it comes to skew adjustment.

77TA,
I'm doing quite well with a 31" dish.

77TA,
I'm doing quite well with a 31" dish.

Yea, I was mainly letting the BUD folks know. It's usually harder to pull in ku on a BUD than on a small offset, thou I am surprised you are getting it on such a small offset. Would have thought it would still take at least a 90cm.

Yea, I was mainly letting the BUD folks know. It's usually harder to pull in ku on a BUD than on a small offset, thou I am surprised you are getting it on such a small offset. Would have thought it would still take at least a 90cm.

Don't be surprised. You never know until you try. I must admit that the PLL LNB really shines when dealing with weak and marginal signals. My 25" offset works great with Hispasat 30W even when it rains.

I use an avenger pll 321 on my 1 meter with good results. Maybe that's why it outperforms the sadoun for ku? Just assumed it was the dish type.

11760 (NBC Mountain) fluxed between 40-60%. I changed the skew from 0 to 20degrees. Lost 11760 but the PBS feeds on 125W shot up from 60% to 70% and now I was getting OETA and Montana as well (??).

Since the LNB was in the middle of the holder, I pulled it back and changed the skew back to 0. 11760 is a solid 70%, 11840 50-60% (unwatchable) and all
PBS feeds on 125w come in fine.

Am sure I could ajdust the elevation a bit to lock onto 11840 but am not going risk falling off a snow covered shed roof besides am quite satisfied w/
the set up the way it is for now.

Cheers, K

PS- Am really pleased w/ the performance of the SatAv's Sp1PLL lnb.

COZI is Q65 at the moment. Last night it was on as well. Typically it would disappear at night. I'm not seeing 11880 anymore.
The PLL LNB is what is doing the trick set at 0 skew. I tried a non PLL LNB with 0 skew and it did not work at all. This is on the motorized dish which adjusts the skew as it travels the arc.

11760 (NBC Mountain) fluxed between 40-60%. I changed the skew from 0 to 20degrees. Lost 11760 but the PBS feeds on 125W shot up from 60% to 70% and now I was getting OETA and Montana as well (??).

Hey Kraven, I hope you meant you subtracted 20 degrees. You have to go from 0 skew to -20 degrees. Just checking.

Catamount

Beats me. IIRC, I rotated the LNB counter clockwise until the 20 mark was lined up

On the fixed dish -15 degrees worked best for me. Ideally you should watch the monitor as you slowly adjust the skew. It can be touchy.

Last night I got ZIP on all NBC transponders on 103w. Those PBS feeds I never got prior to the adjustment were still there.

Interesting results with the Avenger PLL LNB. On the motorized 31" dish the LNB skew is set to ZERO, as per norm.
COZI TV with the oddball skew takes about a minute to lock in. When first tuned in I get a blank screen, then it starts to pixalate and finally it locks in, however the Q has to be at 50 or more. The normal skewed TPs lock in instantly with signals as low as Q10.

For instance on 125W Montana PBS locks in at about Q 15.

When using a non PLL LNB I don't get COZI at all or Montana PBS.

What's your opinion on the difference between the QPH-031 and your PLL LNBs for COZI or Montana PBS?

The reason I ask is I have one Invacom amongst my current LNB inventory. I am wondering if your statement, "When using a non PLL LNB I don't get COZI at all or Montana PBS." includes the Invacom, or refers to other non PLL LNBs.

My remark refers to 3 non PLL LNBs that I have in my inventory that I have tried. I have not tried the Invacom, perhaps I should to see how it compares.

What's your opinion on the difference between the QPH-031 and your PLL LNBs for COZI or Montana PBS?

Never tried an Invacom, but Brian from SatAV and now Titanium was heavily involved with their development. He always said they were among the best Lnb's available. This was before he brought out the PLL lnb.

Catamount.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)