Openbox S9 LAN Connection to PC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jorgek

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Near Toronto
So I thought it would cool to access my S9 firmware from my PC via my home network. Got the S9 LAN tool software on my PC. I was able to establish a connection to the S9. About halfway through the image.abs download from STB to PC it crashes.
I have tried many different versions of S9 firmware, many reboots of STB and PC but to no avail. I know that the connection to my router is Okay.
What I am I doing wrong?

I just tested and my image.abs takes 19 seconds to transfer from STB to PC. It is about 4MB in size. tp_prog.dbs is about 1MB so transfers more quickly. Can you transfer tp_prog.dbs? Did you use DHCP? No conflict of IP addresses with other devices on network?

Everything checks out except for the transfers. About 1/2 way, TP and image, the transfer stops and I get error message "fail to read data. Then the STB freezes and must be rebooted. I tried tranfers in both directions with same results.

I just set mine up to do this back a week or so ago with info I got from cyberam and I didn't have any problems with Windows XP x64 Pro. I've also done it successfully with both static and dynamic IP address assignments.

What operating system does your computer have?

Only issue I have is that the Openbox S9 DOES NOT show up on my network or my router?? It's there and I can connect to it no problem with the software but otherwise it doesn't exist on my network?

Openbox S9 firmware is C2HS2-11-08-24:0679GMT on both my systems.

Everything checks out except for the transfers. About 1/2 way, TP and image, the transfer stops and I get error message "fail to read data. Then the STB freezes and must be rebooted. I tried tranfers in both directions with same results.

Finally got it to work. I re-installed the S9 firmware but this time around I used the RS232 method. The LAN is now transferring image.abs and TP.dbs in both directions.

I use stbhd_lan_mm transfer program v1.001. It's easy to find by Googling. You could try uninstalling program and reinstalling it. Or if PC is using wireless, try connecting PC by lan cable directly to router. Ultimately, maybe it's the STB firmware you're using that's causing the problem.

Only issue I have is that the Openbox S9 DOES NOT show up on my network or my router?? It's there and I can connect to it no problem with the software but otherwise it doesn't exist on my network?

Openbox S9 firmware is C2HS2-11-08-24:0679GMT on both my systems.

Same here S9 does not appear on my network. I' using XP 32. Also when I run Ipconfig in CMD I get an error that a device is not functioning properly.

Same S9 firmware as yours.

connecting directly to the pc via ethernet I never had a problem.
I don't use a router because I only have 1 pc.

I have 4 devices including the S9 connected by cable to the router. And I have another 3 devices connected wirelessly to the router including the PC that communicates with the S9. All work reliably.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)