Cozi

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jw2016

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
Upper Midwest
Kind of a strange situation. The Munsters air from 6-7pm CDT (two 1/2 hour shows) and a few of the episodes had the black levels stretched causing the video to be washed out. Either someone encoded that way into their playout servers or that's on the master and cannot be tweaked. I realize The Munsters are in B&W and old as dirt but I have the DVD's and the suspect shows on Cozi that exhibit the issue, the DVD's are fine. Other airings have been fine with good black levels, their not crushed so they did a good job ingesting the shows. I am greatful that they air it in 4:3 with black bars on the sides. I hate it when they stretch a 4:3 to 16:9 so it "fills" the picture with content. They don't understand aspect ratios and it's hard to explain why their whole screen is not full.

Anyway to make a long story short I contacted them via their website feedback (there is one for technical problems) about the lousy video occasionally airing for The Munsters. One thing that is maybe off limits to us, is they ask how you watch Cozi TV, here in the Twin Cities there is a LD with Bounce, Escape, Laff, Cozi, and a bunch of QVC channels. There is an option to select "other" on how you watch Cozi. Would anyone check that box and let it out that you watch on SES-3 FTA?. In my case there is no number or address of the LP-D that is airing the diginets mux. Last month they were off the air for a few days and no way to watch so that's why I want to get a KU dish up and watch them that way. Having the ability to record and better picture (less compression) would be a plus as I do watch other shows. On their questionnaire I checked watch OTA on KMBD-LD. If there was no station receivable and the only way is to get the feed on the satellite and you tell NBC Universal of a technical issue an error and watch via FTA. I would be worried they might get the encryption bug if the FTA crowd e-mails or calls them with a technical problems.

Kind of a strange situation. The Munsters air from 6-7pm CDT (two 1/2 hour shows) and a few of the episodes had the black levels stretched causing the video to be washed out. Either someone encoded that way into their playout servers or that's on the master and cannot be tweaked. I realize The Munsters are in B&W and old as dirt but I have the DVD's and the suspect shows on Cozi that exhibit the issue, the DVD's are fine. Other airings have been fine with good black levels, their not crushed so they did a good job ingesting the shows. I am greatful that they air it in 4:3 with black bars on the sides. I hate it when they stretch a 4:3 to 16:9 so it "fills" the picture with content. They don't understand aspect ratios and it's hard to explain why their whole screen is not full.

Anyway to make a long story short I contacted them via their website feedback (there is one for technical problems) about the lousy video occasionally airing for The Munsters. One thing that is maybe off limits to us, is they ask how you watch Cozi TV, here in the Twin Cities there is a LD with Bounce, Escape, Laff, Cozi, and a bunch of QVC channels. There is an option to select "other" on how you watch Cozi. Would anyone check that box and let it out that you watch on SES-3 FTA?. In my case there is no number or address of the LP-D that is airing the diginets mux. Last month they were off the air for a few days and no way to watch so that's why I want to get a KU dish up and watch them that way. Having the ability to record and better picture (less compression) would be a plus as I do watch other shows. On their questionnaire I checked watch OTA on KMBD-LD. If there was no station receivable and the only way is to get the feed on the satellite and you tell NBC Universal of a technical issue an error and watch via FTA. I would be worried they might get the encryption bug if the FTA crowd e-mails or calls them with a technical problems.
Speaking for myself, I would never tell a broadcaster my source was FTA. Too easy for them to throw the switch. I figure if I'm getting it for free I won't make waves. :rolleyes:

The NBC Mux on 103w is not for us that is for the broadcasters. If you ever say anything lie and say what local channel it is mine would be south bend. Never tell them you are watching there feeds that is how things get scrambled.

Reactions: FTA4PA and iBoston
The mux for me comes in and out, Ya us FTA people need to keep silent when we get the free stuff :) Enjoy cozi as it is! :D
By the way did anyone notice Serv 1-6 missing or is it just me? I can't get RT and the Japan station anymore on 103.

The mux for me comes in and out, Ya us FTA people need to keep silent when we get the free stuff :) Enjoy cozi as it is! :D
By the way did anyone notice Serv 1-6 missing or is it just me? I can't get RT and the Japan station anymore on 103.

They're coming in fine here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)