Craigslist bargain ? Jackson, Mi

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would put the 4DTV receiver and the arm on "Dan's List"! :up

That is decent for the receiver and it depends on what the the
arm is but still should be a ok deal.

If it's a 922! But, look on ebay's "completed listings" for "4DTV". Nobody's buying them anymore.

4dtv | eBay

Once again more negative talk. This forum has too much bad press in it now. Its headed down the tubes fast, sorry to see this happening. You would be better off not even posting such negativity. Why do you keep bashing anything positive?

Once again more negative talk. This forum has too much bad press in it now. Its headed down the tubes fast, sorry to see this happening. You would be better off not even posting such negativity. Why do you keep bashing anything positive?

You should be happy the boxes aren't worth what they used to be! Especially, a 920! Lower upfront receiver cost should help H2H bring in subscribers! :)

You would be better off not even posting such negativity.

Like, when you told a poster it was okay to do a master reset. Since mapmaster will restore it. But, failed to mention the cost of the cable is more than the "value" of their receiver?

I guess if it's something you don't want to hear even if it's the truth. You call it bashing?

There must still be some kind of market. I just seen 6 of them on e-bay. on e-bay. One has a bid of $22.00 & 2 others $.99 cents. Those are pretty sad statistics though when there are 345,000,000 people in the U.S. & Canada.

I would imagine that there's 2 factors making them so cheap these days. Before this year, all you really had to worry about was a bad UID. Now, mapping must also be considered. When MM is made available, that will help with the 2nd issue.

Some of the bids being seen are surely made because of uncertainty of condition.

Cheers

Like, when you told a poster it was okay to do a master reset. Since mapmaster will restore it. But, failed to mention the cost of the cable is more than the "value" of their receiver?

The Map Master map restore release from us is free. I want to make something perfectly clear though. We are not associated with the USB BDM NT guy in Canada. We don't control his product and price so if you have a beef with that talk to him. He is at usbjtag.com.

The value of the 4D is in the eye of the person that owns it. Many payed as much as $1000 for the units years ago. If they want to partake in being able to keep it updated and mapped they will need to get the interface device. Which BTW costs less than a typical monthly bill with pizza or cable. I have been busy programming and testing our custom maps the last few days. There is quite a bit of DC-2 stuff up there that is ITC with the right mapping. I've been amazed myself going through some birds. So it's up to the end user if having that ability is worth a bit of investment.

At least I'm doing something for the advancement of the big dish and 4DTV I'm not sitting on this forum 24/7 looking for the next 4D post to bash.

Last edited:
I just wonder what I would pay if mine goes out.

I replaced my battery about 3 months ago. Last Monday, my picture went dark for about 1 second then came back on. Since then, it has done that about 8 or 10 more times since. It's not the TV since it doesn't do it on OTA. It doesn't do it with the OpenBox either or the PlayStation. I switched inputs with the OpenBox & it did it again last night with the 922. I was hoping it was a fluke but it's done it too many times. I can't see that it would be the LNB or the OpenBox would be affected too plus I would probably get tiling or something I would think. But the picture & quality is strong. The LNB is clear as far as bees nests & stuff go. But then again, I am still using the original LNB from when I started using C-Band back in 1992. I won't invest in anything right now until whatever it is fails completely.

I think with the cost of the cable & stuff, I probably wouldn't spend very much on a new receiver., if any, on a receiver unless MM proves to have a higher quality of mapping for the 4D receiver than what's in it now. I mean for the average viewer like myself, there's really nothing on C-Band anymore & would need proof that there will be more once MM is released.

If they want to partake in being able to keep it updated and mapped they will need to get the interface device. Which BTW costs less than a typical monthly bill with pizza or cable.

At least I'm doing something for the advancement of the big dish and 4DTV I'm not sitting on this forum 24/7 looking for the next 4D post to bash.

Really, more Pizza talk??

I personally am glad you & others are doing something for the advancement of the big dish. In fact, I can only imagine that everyone on this forum appreciates your passion for the big dish It's your passion, just as it is for everyone working on the MM project. I would love to join the team but all I know is how to is run bulldozers, backhoes, build foundations & pour concrete slabs. My passion is that I work on my classic car, and keep tweaking my "84 Monte Carlo, trying to get all 500 horses out of it. I have 3 acres of park like landscaping that takes a lot of hard work & time to keep up.

I bet there are others in here that appreciate your dedication to the big dish but they too have their own passions not related to the big dish.

So again, thanks & stop bringing all your Pizza issures into the 4DTV forums.

I just wonder what I would pay if mine goes out.

I replaced my battery about 3 months ago. Last Monday, my picture went dark for about 1 second then came back on. Since then, it has done that about 8 or 10 more times since. It's not the TV since it doesn't do it on OTA. It doesn't do it with the OpenBox either or the PlayStation. I switched inputs with the OpenBox & it did it again last night with the 922. I was hoping it was a fluke but it's done it too many times. I can't see that it would be the LNB or the OpenBox would be affected too plus I would probably get tiling or something I would think. But the picture & quality is strong. The LNB is clear as far as bees nests & stuff go. But then again, I am still using the original LNB from when I started using C-Band back in 1992. I won't invest in anything right now until whatever it is fails completely.

I have been seeing that too and it happens on Dish also. I don't know what it is but something is interfering with the digital transmission. I'm in Southern California so where are you. :confused:

I would imagine that there's 2 factors making them so cheap these days. Before this year, all you really had to worry about was a bad UID. Now, mapping must also be considered. When MM is made available, that will help with the 2nd issue.

Some of the bids being seen are surely made because of uncertainty of condition.

Cheers

The prices and availability do go up and down with supply and demand!

I have seen the units go cheap when there is a lot of them and when only

a few get listed the prices are higher. It is true that they are not bringing

in as much as a year or 2 ago. Now it is a buyers market!!! ;)

I guess if it's something you don't want to hear even if it's the truth. You call it bashing?

If you saw that tvropro forgot to mention the cost of the cable

then you could of posted that info! ;)

A lot of people spend more that that when they go out to eat!

Most people here on the 4DTV threads realize the "hidden value"

of these receivers and are waiting for the Map Master release. :hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)