Crappy Service already

I like the Comcast digital and HD channels but analog sucks. I still kept D* for Tivo. Have to do that since I watch a lot of SciFi and USA, and the recording time on the COmcast box is too short. Part of me really wants to get an HD Tivo, but Ithink I shoudl wait for the new D* boxes.

Well, I was on my way home just now from visiting my mom, and I call Comcrap to see if the workorder I was supposed to have done today was done. According to the CSR I spoke with the tech had put completed on the workorder. Well, I'm home now and NOTHING was done!!!! I am SO FRICKEN PISSED RIGHT NOW!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was just told by a supervisor that I had to call yet again to speak to, that I would need to pay $30 to have them activate one outlet that should have already been activated. Now my next install date is Thursday Aug 4th. I am still very pissed.

Another supervisor called me back right as I was leaving work. She reiterated the same line of BS. So I told her they were going to lose me over the activation fee. So I asked to be transferred to whomever could cancel my service. I then was transferred to retention and spoke with the nicest lady out of all of the people I had spoken with prior. She agreed that for the one outlet there should be no activation fee and asked if I would reconsider canceling if she would waive the activation fee. I told her yes.

See, before I would have had to pay it and also wait until Thursday Aug 4 to have someone out. This lady bumped me up to Aug 2. She said the way this will work is we don't owe the installer anything, and I'm supposed to call this lady back (have her number, ext, and name) and she will take it off our bill as it will be charged initially. I told her that was fine.

I shouldn't have to go through this crap though. It took me over 5 min to explain to the supervisor that my service is working fine but there's a damn cable hanging down from the balcony.

Just wait until the cable tech sees our Directv dish that will be installed Saturday. :D Directv set us up with an install for their Mover's Connection today. 3 days isn't bad at all.

Well the installer guy came out. He showed up 10 min before 11. We had a time of 8-11. What a way to show up on time.

Anyway, my wife said that he got the outlet activated and now our cable internet is working on the outlet. I was told however that he left the cable mess outside for me to clean up which I'm not happy about.

My installer never showed last Sunday. I called and they moved my install without asking me to a week later. I complained on Tuesday to Corporate Comcast and had install the next day FOR FREE!
Just whine and get noticed!

Must be regional, Ive had comca$t in the past for tv and net and it always worked flawless, techs always came out during the time frame requested, always professional and in a good natured mood, work done was smart and clean. I have them now for internet and the service has again been on the money, only thing I cant stand is that I am paying $44 a month for basic basic analog and internet and if I drop the basic my bill goes up $15 a month.

No Marks

mikenewy said:
I had a problem with the inside wires not being suitable to carry HD signal, so they had to run new wires to the three install spots, then it worked well. 7-10 days is not that bad compared to what I faced. the orange cable sat on the lawn for about 4 weeks, when I called to complain after one week, I was told they needed Ms. Utility to come out and mark the ground to avoid cutting utility cables. When they actually showed up to burry the cable, no Ms. Utility markings were ever seen. All n All, I'm pleased with the package for under $40 I get HD DVR, two HD set tops, HBO and Showtime. But I still miss all the HD I had with voom. Bottom line the price is right for a year and after that maybe someone will have a good HD package.

That usually means that there are no utilities in the area checked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)