Crappy service

chieftwan

Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
I've had the worst experience with comcast cable. I transferred service to my new home around Sept. Everything was fine, had to occasionally reboot the modem. About a week before Thanksgiving everything went to H***. The modem would go offline and after reboots I had sporadic access to the network. I made a call to get a service guy out, told them that I may need a modem swap. I went outside to check the wire and connectors. It seems the installer who did the initial install recycled some cable from a previous installation. The service guy came out, he called me from his cell and told me that he had removed a splitter from the configuration and tightened the connection at the pole. My reply was that the modem needed to be checked. He tried to convince me otherwise. The modem stayed up 2 hours. I called in and requested Comcast techs. These guys came the next morning and replaced the wire from the pole to the coupler. Told the tech about the modem and told him that it was intermettant. He too assured me that the modem was fine. The connection was solid for one whole week. Sunday night the modem went offline and came on a couple of times. I just don't get it, or Comcast doesn't get it. I'm not satisfied and if wasn't for the amount of bandwidth they provice, I would switch to DSL.:mad:

Bits & Pieces From The Expo Floor

TV License in the UK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)