crashing FireFox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
For the last couple of weeks, I've noticed my FireFox 2.0.0.6 crashing out on SatGuys forum -only-
It has happened half a dozen times.
And always occurs when I start to reply to a thread.
It also just happened when I tried to start this new thread!

I'm not exactly a shy poster - I post quite a bit, and so it happens only occasionally , but only here.
This last time, I noticed the $%^&* BurstNet site was loading when it happened.

The forum has gotten slow with all the new adverts, and I've taken steps to reduce the graphics loaded, hoping that would help.
And, the multitude of off-site URL's that get invoked with each page has gotten outrageous.
I can't help but be concerned at all the diverse material my computer is exposed to.

I don't have an answer for why your Firefox is crashing. I use it here all the time with no issue as do many I think at last look over 30% of those visiting here use Firefox.

Actually the amount of ads has decreased when we moved things around. In fact a total of 5 ads per page less.

Remember you can get rid of the ads which will speed up your browsing plus you will get access to new features and some new forums for less then $20 a year.

In a perfect world I would love no ads here, but serving 30 million pages a month costs a lot. :)

Thanks for the quick replies.
I wouldn't have mentioned it if the occurrences were a bit more sparse.

I'd hoped for either:

1). a known quick fix
...or...
2). maybe others will report the same problem and get some light on the situation.

For the last couple of weeks, I've noticed my FireFox 2.0.0.6 crashing out on SatGuys forum -only-
It has happened half a dozen times.
And always occurs when I start to reply to a thread.
It also just happened when I tried to start this new thread!

I'm not exactly a shy poster - I post quite a bit, and so it happens only occasionally , but only here.
This last time, I noticed the $%^&* BurstNet site was loading when it happened.

The forum has gotten slow with all the new adverts, and I've taken steps to reduce the graphics loaded, hoping that would help.
And, the multitude of off-site URL's that get invoked with each page has gotten outrageous.
I can't help but be concerned at all the diverse material my computer is exposed to.

Yea my firefox just started crashing today and it has crashed about 5 times today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)