**Crazy bad American Idol pixellation problem tonight!!**

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AngryStamen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
I was having a major problem with American Idol tonight. As usual, I DVR'd the show on my ViP 722 in HD on WPGH (Ch. 53) in Pittsburh, but when I played it back around 9 PM, it was all pixelated and never cleared up. The really strange thing is, when I would start fast-forwarding (not 30-sec jump) the show, the picture would look clear as it advanced forward at 4x speed, 15x speed, etc. But when I'd hit play, no luck, still looked like sh--, well, you know!! It was somewhat watchable, but about 15-20 mins. in, the screen started to turn all yellow and the audio would cut out completely.

Luckily, I had the show taping in SD on my other DVR (525) and it played back fine!! Anyone have any info as to why this happened?

No idea why. I Watched it over the air, live thru my 722, and not one problem.(Fox 44 Baton Rouge, La.)

Last edited:
I've been having the same problem with many of ABC's HD programs lately, recorded or live, OTA or through Dish. I'm convinced it's an ABC problem.:confused:

Ed

I have a new 612 and have the same problem last night on fox47hd! I think it has to do with 61.5 screwing up I switched to other programing on 61.5 and had the same problems.

must have been a problem with your local.. I was watching it on KTTV 11 over the satellite in Los Angeles... no problems at all.

It was a nightmare here via OTA here in Austin. The loal Fox station has been a pain all week.

Ryan Seacrest is far from the biggest d-bag this season. I think Gokey has that locked down--followed by the other two.

Angry, have you checked AVS to see if anyone else had problems w/ your local affiliate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts