**Crazy bad American Idol pixellation problem tonight!!**

AngryStamen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
I was having a major problem with American Idol tonight. As usual, I DVR'd the show on my ViP 722 in HD on WPGH (Ch. 53) in Pittsburh, but when I played it back around 9 PM, it was all pixelated and never cleared up. The really strange thing is, when I would start fast-forwarding (not 30-sec jump) the show, the picture would look clear as it advanced forward at 4x speed, 15x speed, etc. But when I'd hit play, no luck, still looked like sh--, well, you know!! It was somewhat watchable, but about 15-20 mins. in, the screen started to turn all yellow and the audio would cut out completely.

Luckily, I had the show taping in SD on my other DVR (525) and it played back fine!! Anyone have any info as to why this happened?

No idea why. I Watched it over the air, live thru my 722, and not one problem.(Fox 44 Baton Rouge, La.)

Last edited:
I've been having the same problem with many of ABC's HD programs lately, recorded or live, OTA or through Dish. I'm convinced it's an ABC problem.:confused:

Ed

I have a new 612 and have the same problem last night on fox47hd! I think it has to do with 61.5 screwing up I switched to other programing on 61.5 and had the same problems.

must have been a problem with your local.. I was watching it on KTTV 11 over the satellite in Los Angeles... no problems at all.

It was a nightmare here via OTA here in Austin. The loal Fox station has been a pain all week.

Ryan Seacrest is far from the biggest d-bag this season. I think Gokey has that locked down--followed by the other two.

Angry, have you checked AVS to see if anyone else had problems w/ your local affiliate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)