Crazy Set-up questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cpgny9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
I currently have regular directv (by regular I mean non-HD Directv - the 101 satellite only). I orginally tried to have the installer set me up for Directv HD, but told me he could not get the 119 singnal. I then ordered DISH and he was able to set the dish up on a pole mast and get a signal from the 110 and 119 sats. Since then I have cancelled dish network and want to try again to get Directv HD. Like I said, I already have a directv dish set up to the 101 sat. When I cancelled my DISH service, I only had to send back the head of the dish, so the pole set up and and the dish itself is still on my roof (and pointed at the 110 & 119). So my questions are...

1) I ordered a directv triple line lnb off ebay, is it possible to just use this head with the dish network dish that is already up there pointing at the 110 & 119? The arm of the dish network dish looks exactly the same as the directv dish arm.

2) Is it possible to use 2 dishes instead of one? I think I may have problems getting a clear signal for all three sats, but I already have th 101 and have gotten the 110 & 119 on the separate dish. I read somewhere about being about to use two dishes with a 5x8 multi switch? Has anyone done this, and if so, how exactly would this work?

3) is there anyway to test signal strength for the 110 & 119 sats with a normal (non-hd) directv box?

Thanks in advance for any help

yes you can use 2 dishes. I wouldnt use the Phase III LNB (the triple LNB you got) if you are going to use 2 dishes...too much of a pain in the ass.

You would need the folling for a 2 dish setup
-2 dishes (DUH!)
-3 LNB's (2 regualr and a "Sat C" LNB
-multisiwtch (4x4, 4x8, etc)

Dish 1 would be your 101 dish and Dish 2 would be for 110 & 119. The Sat C is a special LNB that takes transpnoders 28,30 & 32 and converts them to 7,9,11 or 6,8,10 (something like that).

You would need 4 lines (2 from each dish) to the multiswitch

I would not get the 3 LNB dish!!! It is outdated and the person got the Free 5 LNB upgrade and is Selling the 3LNB as D* has no use for this outdated Eduipment. When you get a H20 D* also leaves the H10 With you because it saves them from throwing it away.

I am gonna use my 3 LNB and H10 on my camper untill mpeg 4 rolls out. Or I can sell them to you for 50 bucks+ shipping, they were used for 7 days!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts