Creating DVDs from DVR content

dbirds75

Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
If possible, and legal, I would like to create DVDs from the DVR. I see that the DVR has USB ports. Is it possible to hook up a DVD burner and store your favorite recordings for archive purposes. It would free up the internal hard drive for new recordings.

Has anyone tried this?:confused:

To: Charper1 and scottie_h

I don't know the brand of dvr but model is vip622dvr. This unit has a front and rear USB connecter.

I do have an exterior USB DVD burner that I plan to use.

I plugged a 2.5G pocket hard drive into the front USB port and have explored the Multimedia page and the DVR recognizes that it is plugged in but gives an error message that it does not support it.

I appreciate your help.

You have a Dish Network receiver. There is no supported method for transferring content anywhere except a USB hard drive, and that content is encrypted and locked so that only Dish Network receivers on your account can access it. More info here: DISH Network -- Dish HD

If possible, and legal, I would like to create DVDs from the DVR. I see that the DVR has USB ports. Is it possible to hook up a DVD burner and store your favorite recordings for archive purposes. It would free up the internal hard drive for new recordings.

Has anyone tried this?:confused:

I record programs from the 722 DVR to a Sony DVD recorder. Unfortunately, until Sony's BluRay recorder/player comes out later this year I only see the shows in 480 res. As to the USB port it's for storing programs & the hard drive only works with Dish's recievers. I have a 500 GB Western Digital HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)