Crop channels to fit a 4:3 TV

jtomshd said:
How do I crop the picture of 16:9 to fit a 4:3 TV so that the content is not squeezed? :confused:

I don't know how you do it, but I do it by upgrading to a 16:9 TV. You might try scissors, if you don't mind altering the picture permanently.

I tried to find the picture of 16:9, this is all that I found:

Your search - "the picture of 16:9" - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
- Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
- Try different keywords.
- Try more general keywords.

jtomshd said:
How do I crop the picture of 16:9 to fit a 4:3 TV so that the content is not squeezed? :confused:
jtomshd, is that an HD set or an SD set? You can turn on the "Crop" wide-to-narrow setting, but it only works for SD outputs.

Then I am afraid you can't adjust it, unless your TV set is capable of zooming HD channels. Most are not. :(

Sorry But You Can ONLY Get Letterbox On A NON HD Input On A 4:3 HD TV. I Know It Sucks But All The First Generation Direct View HD Ready TV's (RCA,Sony,Tosh.etc.(They Were Usually 36" Sets) Wont Work With The VOOM Stb. Unless You Use S-Video, Composite or RF.

What about setting your VOOM STB to Native Resolution? Won't the picture size adjust according to the broadcast format of the film or TV show?

Tvlman said:
What about setting your VOOM STB to Native Resolution? Won't the picture size adjust according to the broadcast format of the film or TV show?
This will help with SD channels, but HD channels will stay HD and 16x9.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts