What Could Effect EPG Download Speed?

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
I am dumbfounded, the stb in my HT has always been horrible at downloading the guide info and the one in my family room always had a 3 day guide so after I did the software update, I swapped them out and the symptom is staying in the HT. Both boxes have the same identical signal strength for the sat signal. The box that was in my HT showed Guide Info within minutes, while it took an hour or better to get a few hours on the stb that was downloading it quickly. When I shutdown at 11pm tonight, it had been 7 hours since I swapped and it only went out 7 hours in the future. :mad:

Could a funky coax from the LNB cause this? It makes no sense. Later when I fire up my pj, I am also going to check the mosquito noise to see if it's the same with this box. If you guys think a cable may be at fault, I will replace it tomorrow and see what happens.

Update: today my guide goes out to 7am Saturday. I don't get it.

They are pushing software updates, plus updating channel maps and the PG due to HGTV. Perhaps this is affecting the PG download process...

My HT stb has always had a funky guide from day one, that's why I swapped with the other stb since it's guide is always good, but after swapping, the HT stb still was slow. After we turned on the 2 stb's, the one that WAS in my HT had guide info within minutes, yet after 7 hours, the one that WAS good for guide info only had 7 hours of info. Maybe my HT is haunted?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)