Crown-sat.com Anyone bought here?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Lol.
You are drawing conclusions from a quoted price and an email reply. The two transactions ARE NOT related.
I have never had customs mess with me when I have ordered low cost products from other countries. The dollar amount is too low for them to fool with it.

That and the quantity are not there for them to mess with.

Ok Brian, I have to bite. What is SoC ?
System on Chip = SoC
STBs can be quickly developed off of these chips by simply adding a PSU, tuner, memory and output connections. Basically a hobbyist could breadboard their own receiver if the dev kits and licenses were released to the public.

Also on the subject of clones, when I first started into FTA a friend sold me a Gospell GKC-D002. He had bought several from a dealer in Canada and said it was the same as the GeoSatPro. Would this be a re-brand of one of the lnb's you sell?]
The GKC-D002 is not a clone, but rather is a generic base, 2 output, C-band LNBF available for OEM. Whoever imported them into Canada did not order sufficient quantity produce under their own label or they desired a lower cost generic product. Your friend was correct about the product being provided by the same manufacturer, but not that they were the same in performance and design. In a tear down, you will note a few modified components in the GEOSATpro C2 model to improve performance.

Just to add my salt to the discussion. i bought my S9 from Crownsat a month ago. I was very pleased with the box and the way they handled it.It arrived in 2 weeks time. My friend ordered before me and I followed. He had some scratches on the front panel and they send him a new one free of charge.....
As for the clone I don't know what it is. i believe all s9 are clones of some other box. can someone tell me the outward/internal difference between a "clone" and an "original" box. For Dreambox we know the internal/external difference. I believe some manufacturers want to kill boxes made by others by issuing new firmware with so-called time bomb.I do not need updates.I'm very happy with my cheap S9 from crownsat. It does more than I expected.
Buying from Crownsat is just like buying any item on ebay......

I always believe that you should support your local dealer and I always do even if it's a few bucks more, what I don't get is it's $80 us on there site after shipping and customs what does it come to? I see sites in the usa and Canada selling them for under $140 and some offer free shipping? also with doa returns and stuff like that it's hard to understand for me.

An Openbox S9 from Crown will cost you $118.00 with shipping included. I agree that it is best to support a local dealer.
Sometimes it is not possible to support your local dealer and get the product you want. Recently I purchased an Openbox S10 directly from China because none of the dealers that I buy from have this receiver. I got the S10 Openbox for $100.00 with shipping included. IMO, that is about all the S10 receiver is worth. GregH

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)