Crown-sat.com Anyone bought here?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
One of 3 sites, I have bookmarked, that purport to be the original manufacturer. Don't want to get burned, deal with a reputable dealer, located in N.A. If you do decide to "test the water". let us know how it goes.

Well then I'm open for suggestions for good, non horribly priced NA dealers.
I keep trying Fleabay and getting way way outbid.

The only FTA receivers they listed that I'd buy would be the S9 Openbox, and the AZbox.
I don't know enough about Dreamboxes to get excited (a few members here have them).

Prices seem attractive.
Then you look at shipping, and it's an arm 'n a leg.
THEN ya notice they're shipping from Hong Kong.
We don't generally recommend doing business out of country, so that's all I've got so say.

I highly doubt that this company is legit. Highly unlikely that a single company in China would be an authorized wholesale distributor of multiple brands from the European market. If they are shipping samples at those prices, expect to receive a clone and if they provide any end user support, don't expect much knowledge of North American satellites.

This one SCREAMS ..... SCAM!

Well then I'm open for suggestions for good, non horribly priced NA dealers.
I keep trying Fleabay and getting way way outbid.
I bought a receiver from Crown in 2010, and I did not have any problems with them.
It sounds like you are wanting to get out as cheap as you can. there is noting wrong with that as long as you can stomach the consequences of being cheap.
Crown Sat is a legitimate company. They will send you something after you pay them with PayPal, but if you have issues with it, you will be on your own. If you need to return it, you will have to pay shipping which will immediately wipe out and exceed any money that you saved.
You do not save as much as you think either. Look at what an Openbox receiver will cost:
OPENBOX-S9-HD-PVR Open BOX S9 HD PVR Digital Satellite Receiver
Item # OPENBOX-S9-HD-PVR $78.00
Shipping & Handling: $40.00 USD
Total Amount: $118.00 USD

Also, Here is a note that I got recently when I ordered a receiver from China:
joe Zhu
"Hello, thank you to order, we fill in the commercial invoice name "digital receiver (sample), the value is $ 30, can reduce the tariff,
My friend, if the customs clearance have problems, I hope your can with solve the problem, and for example, customs duty collection, which can not be a reason to return, because the tariff revenue is normal, we can only reduce the Or avoid customs duties, hoping to understand, thank you.
24 May 2011 01:51 (GMT -7)"
I got that message after I had paid and the transaction was complete.
I cannot recommend buying directly from China unless you can deal with the consequences.

You did not tell us what you were trying to buy so I cannot recommend a North American vendor.

I highly doubt that this company is legit. Highly unlikely that a single company in China would be an authorized wholesale distributor of multiple brands from the European market. If they are shipping samples at those prices, expect to receive a clone and if they provide any end user support, don't expect much knowledge of North American satellites.

This one SCREAMS ..... SCAM!
My dealings with them did not reflect a scam. Crown sat seems to be legit.
Some of the North American dealers are just as bad or worse than the China dealers. They try to sell us fictitious lnbs with a .1nf, ku hh motors with unrealistic dish weight capacities, and satellite dishes with inflated db ratings.
Satellite Av does a good job of representing their products realistically, so I do not put you in the same class as the North American Chinese resellers. GregH

When US customs demand documentation of what you paid for the unit before delivery, or release from customs, the declared amount of $30, vs. the $118 you paid is almost 4 times what "you or your agent" declared and is considered fraud. Fighting this charge can take 2 years - no product until settled. Fines are excessive! NOT worth it. This may not happen to you, but it could. Is now regularly happening with purchased clothes being declared as "gifts".

Lol.
You are drawing conclusions from a quoted price and an email reply. The two transactions ARE NOT related.
I have never had customs mess with me when I have ordered low cost products from other countries. The dollar amount is too low for them to fool with it.

Greg,

Curious if you ever verified if the receiver or the reseller is listed as legit with the product distributor. I had previously received information regarding this company selling products that were obtained out the side door of factories or were not original products.

Let me clarify a bit.
I bought an Openbox from Crown last year. They gave me good service and fast shipping. When I got the receiver, the shipping box was beat up and the receiver had a dent about the size of a golf ball in the back of it. I could find no evidence of the receiver being made any cheaper or any different than the other Openbox receiver I had at the time.
Earlier in 2010, I bought a Solomend receiver directly from mainland China. I had to send them cash via Western Union which was risky to say the least. This company said it was the sole distributor of the Solomend/Openbox receivers. Then a bit later, I found another Chinese company claiming the same thing. So who do you ask about these products, and who do you believe??? IMO, there is no way to verify the Chinese stuff.
Some of the U.S. vendors are no better when it comes to claims of copies, clones or out the back door stuff. As an example, I ordered a 242 dual c lnb from a WSI vendor. I noticed the skew was off on this lnb by a good bit. Several months later, I ordered a 242 dual c band lnb from a DMSI vendor. The skew was off on it the exact same amount. These two lnbs look identical except for the name. Go figure that one.

Greg.... That is a funny one! Original and Clone Openbox.... I am aware of at least eighteen assembly lines and dozens of brokers producing a "S9" or similar STB. That is what happens when an STB is based on a SoC that every factory can put in the same case and giftbox. Sure there is an original, but what really did you receive? Who knows!

I ordered a 242 dual c lnb from a WSI vendor. I noticed the skew was off on this lnb by a good bit. Several months later, I ordered a 242 dual c band lnb from a DMSI vendor. The skew was off on it the exact same amount. These two lnbs look identical except for the name. Go figure that one.

Most likely the LNBFs in question are OEM products from the same factory which both companies had contracted to have produced under their label. Very common practice worldwide to import products that are available for OEM branding. Now you might just open up the cases and find completely different circuitry or one importer may select higher or lower grades of the same components.

Last edited:
As an example, I ordered a 242 dual c lnb from a WSI vendor. I noticed the skew was off on this lnb by a good bit. Several months later, I ordered a 242 dual c band lnb from a DMSI vendor. The skew was off on it the exact same amount. These two lnbs look identical except for the name. Go figure that one.

Most of the LNBF's I've worked with the skew is off by 90 degrees.

Greg.... That is a funny one! Original and Clone Openbox.... I am aware of at least eighteen assembly lines and dozens of brokers producing a "S9" or similar STB. That is what happens when an STB is based on a SoC that every factory can put in the same case and giftbox. Sure there is an original, but what really did you receive? Who knows!.
What is even funnier is the clone passed the clone software test. None of my receivers failed that test.

Most likely the LNBFs in question are OEM products from the same factory which both companies had contracted to have produced under their label. Very common practice worldwide to import products that are available for OEM branding. Now you might just open up the cases and find completely different circuitry or one importer may select higher or lower grades of the same components.
I would go one further and say they are the same, identical lnbs except for the name. Since I do not have a laboratory to prove that, I will say that they look the same and have the same defect(s).

I sure don't remember the Geosat pro dual output c band lnb having the same skew issue.:D

I sure don't remember the Geosat pro dual output c band lnb having the same skew issue.:D

:D You are right. If you have ever owned a C1, C2 or the CK1 you know they are completely different products in their heavy cast designs and performance.

The majority of GEOSATpro LNBFs are produced with a manufacturer that we have worked with for over 8 years. Even with this long term exclusive product production we had a few shipments slip out the side door to competitors. Easy to identify these products with watermarks and case stamps and threaten offending manufacturers with pulling your business and requiring them to refund product development costs. Money talks in China.

It is a constant and ongoing job to monitor and keep unique products exclusive in China!

Geosat Pro lnbf is the best. I have the C2 and CK1 from SatelliteAV on my big dishes. Great products! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

greg harris said:
What is even funnier is the clone passed the clone software test. None of my receivers failed that test.

The reason that your receivers passed the test is that they use the same SoC provided by Ali. I wouldn't expect to find Ali SoC clone hardware coming out of China as they are a Chinese government appointed technology development company. With that status and the attached "licensing" revenue, their intellectual property rights are highly protected by Chinese government.

With that said, one must be careful to load only firmware produced for your STB. You may find Firmware that is developed for another Ali chipset or that support additional hardware features that were not built into their STB.

While loading the firmware of another chipset will likely brick the receiver, loading same chipset firmware on a legit Ali SoC should provide basic function on all factory ports. There maybe operational issues supporting unique ports or special development features using customized hardware.

Example would be not to load a firmware file for the m3606 based "s10" onto a m3602 based "S9" model. Also be aware that Ali released a m3602e.

"Know before you load"

The reason that your receivers passed the test is that they use the same SoC provided by Ali."Know before you load"

Ok Brian, I have to bite. What is SoC ?
I looked it up on SOC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia but none of the results ring in for me.

Also on the subject of clones, when I first started into FTA a friend sold me a Gospell GKC-D002. He had bought several from a dealer in Canada and said it was the same as the GeoSatPro. Would this be a re-brand of one of the lnb's you sell?
https://mysatshops.com/Store/brands/gospell/gospell-gkc-d002-c-and-universal-ku-band-lnb.html

every Geosat C2 LNB I have owned (about 7 or 8 of them now) the skew has been off by 90 degrees
The C/K1 it is not

side note...the DMSI & WSI C-Band only LNB's...same issue with skew

Honestly I dont care if the skew is off by 90 degrees, 45 degrees, 0 degrees or whatever. Its one of the best LNB's I've used and living in Minnesota where it gets COLD in the winter and they still keep trucking along makes me happy :) Have had different model LNB's crap out in the cold

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts