Cruising SatelliteGuys while Intoxicated......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone buy in returnables anymore? I know there are some brands still available that way. I switched to almost exclusively aluminum cans especially for my "down the hatch cold" choices where taste not a concern. (Most are rice/corn based and have a lousy taste anyway, which is why we Americans learned to drink them ice cold!) For the exotics I still buy in bottles, but those are all throwaways in these parts...

Labatts is sold in returnable bottles. We drink alot of canadian beer here now, being so close to the border, and the price blows the national american brands away.

The Fad Beer of the time being here is Yuengling. Wish we could get Blue down her at a reasonable price. I load up on my visits to Detroit now.

All beer containers are returnable in MI, by law. All beer is returnable - by the laws of nature. You only really rent beer.:D:D:D

Well the containers are returnable here too. However, Labatts is the only beverage company that actually reuses their bottles. All the other glass bottles are smashed and just plain recycled.

NY makes money off the bottle bill, whereas only around 65% of the bottles and cans are returned, so the unclaimed bottle deposits revert to NY at the end of the fiscal year. Just another fine "user fee" (aka tax) thrown upon the citizens of NY.:mad:

The Fad Beer of the time being here is Yuengling. Wish we could get Blue down her at a reasonable price. I load up on my visits to Detroit now.

I have canadian relatives whom just shake their heads in disbelief when they see a case of blue selling here for $15, when it is over $40 in ontario.

Overdraft fees. :eek:

I really need to sign up for overdraft protection one of these days.

Ouch! Ouch! Drink up!! :)

Hopefully you didn't have 100 $2 debit card charges adding a $30 fee everytime. :(

About 8 Labatt Blues so far....I gotta slow down or I'll miss the Buckeyes tonight :)

+70ºF and sunny this autumn October day here in lovely Ohio. You better bet I'm enjoying the great outdoors. Opened a bottle of '08 Blue Fin Pinot Noir to help ease the spirits. Sitting outside admiring the beautiful fall colors. Doesn't get much better than this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)