CS 4000 did NOT die (false alarm)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
are you sure it isnt something simple like the LNB power was turned off or maybe a bad switch? Have you tried to hook a multimeter to the LNB coax to see if it is working?

Try and reload factory software on it to see if that helps.

Did the factory set and checked LNB settings. It did rain like hell today. I do have a multimeter. What could I do that I'm not thinking of? I'll start by checking voltage coming out of the receiver.

if its 13v or 18v depending on the polairty, check either the cables or switch. If moisture got into the connection, it wil short out

I think I found the problem. A coax connector rusted out into the outside diplexer. It was on ongoing rust out and finally just broke.

Hopefully Wal-mart will carry a diplexer at this time of night but i doubt it. Will a Zinwell 3x4 multiswitch work as a diplexer for now?

Ok, this whole time it was a rusted out connector on the outside diplexer. So, new wiring job to follow very soon. I made some temporary fixes.

You would not believe the increase in quality when I replaced the rusty connector with a fresh one. The signals we're better, and the motor moves so much more efficiently. I can actually hear the motor from inside my room. That's how loud it is.

Plus, I found out I can use a multiswitch in place of a diplexer temporarily til I get a new one. Sort of works, but not as well as a standard diplexer.

glad you got it working :)

This past fall I replaced almost all my connectors outside with compression ones..have to finish the rest this spring

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)