CS 8100 and TVE mux at 30W, not locking anymore

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hd fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Ontario
I have been unable to lock the TVE mux on 30W since the other strong mux (on the new 1E bird) appeared on the opposite polarity , H that is, with the CS 8100. I have tried other 4 different brand receivers and they all lock it fine , also the birdog as well. I tried adjusting the LNB skew triying to get the signal and nothing. Is it my CS 8100 bad or Is anyone else is having the same issue?.

I think you answered your own Question. 4 other receivers "they all lock it fine", "also the birdog" I think your CS8100 is having issues. No issues here with the Openbox.

Thanks Fat Air, I just wanted to 100% confirm it is my own CS 8100 the one with the issues. I even reset to factory defaults and also reflashed firmwares. That one comes handy connected to my bedroom bulky old TV because of the ATSC tuner built in (waiting for the Rome Diamond League event tonight on Universal Sports from Buffalo). It is a weird concidence it all heppened after the mux (same parameters) on the H polarity appeared, that is why I waited at first to see if they fix it, and even forgot about it since I only watch Canal Vasco for 1 show (Vaya Semanita) once a week.

I wonder if it's common to all CS 8100's. I don't have one to check. Hopefully, another CS 8100 owner chimes in. Another thought, If you have a dual output LNBF, with both outputs on(active), could it be bleed(one polarity to the other) that the CS 8100 doesn't like? Whoops- deleted - re-read, you did try adjusting skew.

Status
Please reply by conversation.