Status
Please reply by conversation.

WSInternational

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 24, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I received an email earlier from a customer about our ESX521 Ku LNB and wanted to share it with the people here. I receive emails from customers all the time about our products, but I find it interesting when I get an email that actually compares two products, regardless of if it's comparing our older product with our newer product, or a competitors products to our products.

I have "X"ed out the customers name and username he uses in the forums for privacy reasons and because I have not yet received a reply back with permission to post it.

Your input as a user of our product is very important. Some of the improvements we make to our products are a direct result of customer inputs. If anyone wants to shoot me an email at anytime and about any of our products, please feel free to email me directly at rob@wsidigital.com.

More than likely, I will create a section on our site for customer testimonials whenever I can get a chance.

Remember, you guys are the reason we keep improving and pumping out new products. Thanks for your support of WS International satellite equipment.

Hello my name is XXXX XXXXXXX i own a traxis 3500 i use it for ku band only sd my set up is 3 dishes each locked on one sat then i add multi lnb's to each dish and i have 16ku linear lnb's in total now through out my 3 dishes

one dish is a 3 footer the other 2 are 1.2m im very good at tweaking in borderline transponders WEAK SIGNALS and have found that the best lnb i could buy and use was a brand called the spitfire lnb and it is a great lnb! i have only 2 spitfires and a couple of fortec a quad polar and some univeral some standard lnbs.

I just bought 5 of your ESX521 standard lnb from e bay i wanted to replace 4 older lnb's anyway i was SO IMPRESSED right away with your ESx521 because it realy does improve right off the bat the quailty numbers i was getting on the 4 older lnb example on 79w telemundo 72% to 80% it seemed all the lnb i was replacing i noticed an increase by a lot.

But the most IMPORTANT THING EVER IS i use the spitfire on 2 other sats 72w and 103w and would never dare think of using anything elses because the spitfire did add 5% to my numbers and that made and broke see or not seeing transponders as long as i used the spitfire lnb i got enough to get picture on the weak ones i aimed at

but your ESX521 IMPRESSED ME SO MUCH! that i took off THE SPITIFRE TO SEE re aimed it tweaked it and YOU FOLKS BEAT YES BEAT BEAT BEAT! THE SPITFIRE!

ON MY 79W DISH 1.2m dish i then add a lnb for 72w and there is this one weak one as an example ill use its the dooms day religous dude on 72w 11890h 1666 symbol rate

when i used the spitfire lnb id get 64 65 66 quailty with your ESX521 i get 71% steady and today it jumped to 72% Also

in the moornings on 72w there is 3 spanish tp on 72w 12023h 12028 h12032h till around 10 am with the spitfire this was the only lnb i had that would be able to lock in these three tp

the 12023h sometimes was very borderline and went under the threshold and pixel bad to weak to see yesterday when i was installing your lnb's on the old lnbs i was replacing i wasnt going to use it on 72w but like i said i was so impressed with your lnb i tired it and guess what it played! i had higher numbers i was getting around 65% quailty with the spitfire needed 68% for picutre and your esx got me 71%! and picutre.

SHOW THIS E MAIL TO THE HEAD DUDE!

I XXXX XXXXXXX of lake worth florida will only use your new ESX521 lnb from now on!! it is the best fooken lnb tommorrow im going to replace the other spitfire i have at 103w there is a few that are still toughon that sat for me in the mornings id like to beef up and i bet your esx will do the trick!

once again wowser what a amazing lnb and again dont get me wrong the spitfire is also a great lnb buts its not as great as yours!

you folks have the best linear ku band lnb it should be rated not 2.0 rather .05 and the spitfire can be 1,0 but your is better which to me is very impressive and i dont know if there is even a ratting of low noise of 0.5 but if there is you folks deserve it!

take care XXXX XXXXXX aka XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX and XXXX XXXXXX i call my self XXXXXXX and XXXX XXXXXX on 3 forums i read at and ps only un scrambled sutff no iks crap for me those dummies i was once a johnny depp but this is more fun to see live news feeds and helicopter chases lol and you never get a davey letter lol.

I also have (1) of these lnbf's on a 85cm dish with a sg-2100 moving it from bird to bird and I will agree with this guy that these little animals really push good solid signal down the pipe. You can't go wrong with these lnbf's. I'm going to get another for a spare just so I have another here & ready if something would happen to this one. Great product, good price!

very cool :)

If it ever stops raining here I'd love to test out the 522 I have (the new blue one) with my current LNB

If it ever stops raining here I'd love to test out the 522 I have (the new blue one) with my current LNB

It would be very interesting to see how it performs on your setup.

When I was testing out the ESX521, strictly using a STB and both a Winegard DS2076 and our WS International WS7630, it continuously gave me higher signal quality, and better stability than our older models and the competitors "Top model" LNBF.

I don't like to post comparisons or tests that I perform on my own products because to the end-user it may sound a bit bias, specially when it outperforms other products.

The best feeling in the world is that when an installer calls and tells you that they have used your product and they will never go back to previous model or another brand after using your product. Makes you feel that all the hard work you put into a product is worth while from just a single customer feedback.

I am looking forward to reading your test results. An earlier model of the WSI Standard Ku LNBF that I tried didn't quite measure up to my current best Ku Standard LNBF: the JSC321S.

From the pictures on the web site, it would appear the hardware is totally different between old lite blue 521's and the new dark blue ones.
Likewise between the old orange 522's, and the new dark blue ones.

So, let's not assume anything without a proper testing. :up
...and be clear, when we are talking about one or the other.

Up for a challenge?????????

I am looking forward to reading your test results. An earlier model of the WSI Standard Ku LNBF that I tried didn't quite measure up to my current best Ku Standard LNBF: the JSC321S.

From my tests and customer inputs, I am very confident that the new ESX521 LNB will outperform most of the LNBFs out there. :coffee

How would you like to do a comparison test since you have all 3 models and post the results with some photos?

Comparison test of:
1. The older 521 model LNBF
2. The JSC321S model
3. The ESX521 model

Are up for it? I'll be happy to send you a free sample to compare all 3 models but you'll have to promise to give us give us detailed results within a couple of days after you receive it.

The color is different ;)

:D :D :D

Believe it or not, I still get customers who ask for them by color, and not brand or model number anymore... :D :D

From the pictures on the web site, it would appear the hardware is totally different between old lite blue 521's and the new dark blue ones.
Likewise between the old orange 522's, and the new dark blue ones.

So, let's not assume anything without a proper testing.
...and be clear, when we are talking about one or the other.

Anole,

You are absolutely correct my friend. The ESX model Ku band LNBF, along with the ESX241 and ESX242 C band LNBF use totally different IC chips. These are actually made in-house rather than getting them contracted out. Attached are a couple of photos for you viewing pleasure. As you can see, these are the latest and most up to date, & modern machines. We try as much as possible not to purchase from a 3rd party component provider for use in the LNBFs we bring to the market as much as we can. Therefore, we have much better control over quality, stability, and performance. We can also manage and make the modifications or improvements when necessary based on customer requests, requirements, and specifications.

I think hwm would be an ideal candidate to do a comparison test since he has the two models already and if he accepts the offer he will have our newest one as a third mode.

Assembling.jpg

SMT.jpg

From my tests and customer inputs, I am very confident that the new ESX521 LNB will outperform most of the LNBFs out there. :coffee

How would you like to do a comparison test since you have all 3 models and post the results with some photos?

Comparison test of:
1. The older 521 model LNBF
2. The JSC321S model
3. The ESX521 model

Are up for it? I'll be happy to send you a free sample to compare all 3 models but you'll have to promise to give us give us detailed results within a couple of days after you receive it.

Sure, I'm up for it, and I hope the new ESX521 outperforms them all. However, I no longer have the older model 521. It was returned to an ebay seller (Hypermegasat) in exchange for another JSC321S.

I will use my Coolsat 6000 and WSI dish for testing.

I can do the review and post it here soon after receiving the test LNBF, weather permitting, since I need a good clear day for accurate comparison, and they have been few and far between here this spring.

I have two ESX521's and have ordered another. I am very satisfied with them. Just from my experience they are a little better than the spitfire elite which I also like due to its smaller size (if fits better in certain configurations of my multiple lnb system). My feeling is (I have not written down specific measurements) as I have moved LNB's around my setup and aimed at different satellites that the ESX521 gives me a slightly better signal that the spitfire and much better than the JCS321S-2 that I will eventually replace.

Status
Please reply by conversation.