CS8000HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

worker

Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
I picked up a Coolsat 8000HD cheap. The firmware loaded is 11.13.4A. I'm not sure if that is the latest firmware or if it is hacker crap. I have a DSR922 with a Coolsat 4000 running through a WB68 with C band on an 18V port and KU on a 13v port. This worked well with the CS4000 since you can specifiy 18v or 13v regardless of polarity. The DRS922 controls that anyway and the voltage is only controlling the switch and not getting through the splitter on the other side of the WB68. With the CS8000 the voltage selection is 13/18 or 14/19. So I have to set all the C band stuff to horizontal to get 18V and KU to vertical to get 13V. Sort of a pain but it works and I can plug into the WB68 and not have to slave off the CS4000. The lack of blind scan kind of sucks but I can live with it. What can I use to edit channels and satellites? Does channel master work? Also what serial cable as I assume the CS4000 cable will not work?

I picked up a Coolsat 8000HD cheap. The firmware loaded is 11.13.4A. I'm not sure if that is the latest firmware or if it is hacker crap.
2025 is the most recent factory firmware. I found my thread that has the files for it (loader, cleaner, filre)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...coolsat-software-2025-wow-what-diference.html

I have a DSR922 with a Coolsat 4000 running through a WB68 with C band on an 18V port and KU on a 13v port. This worked well with the CS4000 since you can specifiy 18v or 13v regardless of polarity. The DRS922 controls that anyway and the voltage is only controlling the switch and not getting through the splitter on the other side of the WB68. With the CS8000 the voltage selection is 13/18 or 14/19. So I have to set all the C band stuff to horizontal to get 18V and KU to vertical to get 13V. Sort of a pain but it works and I can plug into the WB68 and not have to slave off the CS4000.
Since its the same polarity as the 922 wouldnt you just set it to off? I dont have my 8000 hooked up so I forget if there is a LNB power option to turn on or off

The lack of blind scan kind of sucks but I can live with it.
yep. manual scan works great because you can add TP's by typing in the info and hitting OK. You dont have to physically add the TP to the list

What can I use to edit channels and satellites?
your thumb and the remote :D ;)

Does channel master work?
nope. No editor works with it

Also what serial cable as I assume the CS4000 cable will not work?
straight through. I know its the same for the 8000 as my 5000

Are you going to use this just for HD feeds or a replacement for the 4000? Reason I ask is if its just for HD feeds (and you'll use the 4000 for everything else) just set up 2 sats

C-Band
KU-Band

Thats what I did with my 8000 (and the Quali) and then you only need to use 2 sats in the list

I picked up a Coolsat 8000HD cheap. The firmware loaded is 11.13.4A. I'm not sure if that is the latest firmware or if it is hacker crap.
I wouldn't be quite so negative toward the pirate firmware (I hate to refer to these as hacker, as I consider being a hacker as a good thing). For many receivers, and particularly for these Coolsats, the "factory" firmware was written by the same hackers that wrote the pirate versions. The hackers just release a version that doesn't have the pirate capability, and call it factory, and shortly thereafter the identical factory firmware showed up on the Coolsat site (back when that existed anyway). With these Coolsats, the firmware that ends in an "A" is generally the factory firmware, and if it ends in an "F", then it's pirate.
For the longest time, none of the factory versions of firmware would work correctly on these receivers, so I found a pirate version of firmware that I used for quite a while. Generally they were obsolete for pirate stuff, but worked better than the factory firmware for non pirate purposes. However once the last (and this will certainly be the last) factory firmware that Ice mentioned came out, it finally was just as good or perhaps better than the pirate versions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)