CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

NCIS NOLA turned out to be a surprise maybe CSI Cyber could also. I've had enough of Gig Harbor serials on CSI it may be time to replace the series or at least get some new writers with some FRESH IDEAS.

Probably the weakest of the three CSIs series finales yet. I love serialized dramas, but when any of the three CSI procedurals had serialized story lines I completely lost interest. The Mala Noche stuff with CSI:Miami, the Miniature Killer in CSI some years ago, the Gig Harbor killer now and I forget what they did in CSI:NY, but whatever it was I didn’t like it.

I didn’t get into CSI until season 2 in 2001, when I was a senior in high school and in my Law Class the teacher would tape CSI and we would watch it in class on Fridays. These shows have become so fake with being able to do completely unrealistic crap like blow up a fuzzy reflection of a human pupil to get a clear cut license plate number. And the Iron Man-esq style of technology used in the MD Crime Lab in CSI:Miami is completely out there.

Stopped watching CSI on a regular basis a few years ago, wasn’t going to watch this season, but when I saw this will be the last season, I caught up with unseen episodes On Demand and continued to watch. Growing up I used to watch a live action TV series on Disney Channel based on Alice in Wonderland and a 14 year old Elisabeth Harnois played Alice. She was my first TV crush, then forget she existed and out of the blue saw her on her own teen drama type show on Fox called Point Pleasant that was quickly canceled and then in guest roles one of the other CSIs and on Cold Case. Watched her on the short lived Bruckheimer medical drama, Miami Medical. She is pretty much the only reason why I continued to watch CSI. 20+ years later I think she grew into a beautiful woman and a wonderful actress.

I will catch the first few episodes of CSI:Cyber, mainly just to see how fake it is. And see how many IPv4 addresses contain octets with numbers over decimal 255. This stuff has become so predictable. From the moment Patricia Arquette first stepped off the plane in the unofficial pilot episode and they were playing ‘I Can See For Miles’ I said to myself, self I wonder if this will be the start of another spinoff. And sure enough the internet was buzzing with rumors shortly after it aired and sure enough that song will be the theme song. I wonder what hue it will be shot in. Vegas was shot with a green hue, Miami with an orange hue and NY was a blue hue.

She is pretty much the only reason why I continued to watch CSI. 20+ years later I think she grew into a beautiful woman and a wonderful actress.
I can see that. :biggrin
600full-elisabeth-harnois.jpg

Reactions: DJdish
Who said this was going to be the last season? There has been no official word yet. Could go either way.

S~

I bet that this is the last season and we will hear the show is not renewed. Why else would they burn off the last episodes this early on a Sunday night when it is full of sports overruns where no one even knows when it comes on? Most dvrs are guide dependent and they don't even catch the show because it is so far from when the guide is saying it is on.

They burned them off so they could cram CSI Cyber in (nothing against Patricia Arquette, but hope it bombs), I'm tired of CBS doing this to series that still have life, ratings & followers... (the previous CSI's, Cold Case etc)Or did have before CBS put them in "graveyard" slots ...

They burned them off so they could cram CSI Cyber in (nothing against Patricia Arquette, but hope it bombs), I'm tired of CBS doing this to series that still have life, ratings & followers... (the previous CSI's, Cold Case etc)Or did have before CBS put them in "graveyard" slots ...
Well they could be seeing if CSI CYBER gets better ratings than CSI and then cancel the older show and put this show in it's place next season.

I can see that. :biggrin

Haha Yep she's great. She looked amazing in Point Pleasant as the spawn of Satan. I'm not one to notice this stuff, but in that show she had amazing sparkling eyes.

Who said this was going to be the last season? There has been no official word yet. Could go either way.

S~

Between the move to the Sunday night time slot, the cutting back of episodes, the burning off of the final episodes and the past history of CBS all indications show CSI is done. I cannot go either way, it’s done. The only way CSI coming back is if like Mike alluded to, Cyber completely bombs.

With CSI gone and Stalker likely going to be canceled, I won't feel that compelled to quit watching Person of Interest. Each year I try to stop watching a primetime network show and CBS is really the only network I watch so it makes things quite simple. These shows have gotten so bad over the years, it makes it very easy to give up on them. Two years ago I gave up on The Mentalist, last year I stopped watching Hawaii 5-0 this year was Elementary, but I gave Scorpion 11 episodes, which was a complete waste of time, what an awful show, and picked up Stalker. I was down to five dramas and four comedies for this season. CSI, Person of Interest, Criminal Minds, Stalker, Blue Bloods, 2 Broke Girls, Big Bang Theory, Mom, and Two & a Half Men. CSI gone, Stalker gone, Two & a Half Men gone. I'll give CSI:Cyber a try, and if nothing in this years upfronts appeals to me, I'll be down to four dramas and three comedies, unless I get more sick of the whole 'Samaritan' thing on POI then I already am, in which case I'll nix that.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
CSI has officially been cancelled. They will do a 2 hour series finally end of September to wrap up the show. Katherine and Grissom will be back along with DB.

DB will move to Cyber, so that show will continue

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2

I wonder if Marge H. will play Catherine like her creepy Christine character from "Under the Dome" in this 2 part episode? I can't even remember how she used to act on CSI since I haven't see her on this show in years.

I extended my timer since my CBS is O&O, Uses the East Coast feed, and airs primetime and hour earlier than all of the other networks.

S~

FAREWELL CSI !!!! Very nice capturing the old feeling of CSI. Plot was really stretched to fill 2 hrs.

CSI CYBER will never replace CSI but that is typical of CBS's current schedule, extremely lacking should have a lot of midseason replacements

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts