CSI on CBS2 - 7/17/08

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tom Imp

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
Central New Jersey
Okay, for those of you who are in the NY area and happened to watch CSI on the Channel 2 HD feed, I have a question.

I put this on as there was really nothing else to watch and on the Channel 2 HD feed there was running commentary explaining what was going on in every scene for what I can only assume is blind people. I have never seen or heard this before. On my other CBS feeds, this commentary didn't exist.

Did anyone else have this and where did this come from all of a sudden?

Okay, for those of you who are in the NY area and happened to watch CSI on the Channel 2 HD feed, I have a question.

I put this on as there was really nothing else to watch and on the Channel 2 HD feed there was running commentary explaining what was going on in every scene for what I can only assume is blind people. I have never seen or heard this before. On my other CBS feeds, this commentary didn't exist.

Did anyone else have this and where did this come from all of a sudden?

Sounds to me like the documentry that you can turn on often when watching a movie where they will explain what the writers and producers were trying to point out at the time.

I like it for movies, but have not seen it done on a regular TV show yet.

Jimbo

It's called "Descriptive Video" and it's a secondary audio program (SAP). You can learn all about it here: Descriptive Video Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. You must have had an alternative audio channel chosen on the CBS channel last night.

Ya know, this would be kinda cool, I wonder why they don't market some of these show as such, this way you would know ahead of time...
Q. Newshawk. If I record a show that is "Descriptive" on the DVR, it would record ALL of the tracks so I can watch it normally the first time and Descriptive the next, right ? It would record BOTH tracks correct ?

Jimbo

It's called "Descriptive Video" and it's a secondary audio program (SAP). You can learn all about it here: Descriptive Video Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. You must have had an alternative audio channel chosen on the CBS channel last night.

Any idea how I would go about shutting this off it it happens again? When this happened last week, I went all through the audio options and could not find anything that would indicate this was setup to happen or anyway to shut it off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts