CSN Bay Area HD

Just be aware though that some games will be (JIP) joined in progress. That can ussualy vary from a 1/2 to hour into the broadcast, and sometimes longer.

But in those cases the you can catch the entire game on NBC11
Nope.

Games on CSNBA are not shown on NBC at the same time. JIP is done by Dish and not by the network nor the Giants. NBC contracts to show only certain games when CSN is not showing them and this is already scheduled ahead of time. What Dish shows or not has nothing to do with what NBC shows

To the OP, let me make this simple.

With Dish and ONLY with Dish, west coast games in HD are often delayed because Dish only allots a specific amount of bandwidth for their RSNs in HD. In addition, sometime west coast games are not shown in HD on Dish at all even though the game is being broadcast in HD. Any other provider in the BA will get to see every single Giants games in HD for the entire game on CSNBA.

This is the exception so most of the time you will see most games in their entirety

In addition, sometime west coast games are not shown in HD on Dish at all even though the game is being broadcast in HD.

Actually, that issue has been fixed. There is now a fiber feed to Dish from CSN-BayArea.

This season, every Warriors game has been in HD.

And I don't remember more than one JIP the entire season, although conceivably Dish could have a bandwidth issue on some particular day where all the major sports all happen at the same time.

( It is true that all of that did occur a year ago. )

Sorry for the thread necro but I found this thread via google. This is still happe ing, in fact tonight's feed didn't come on until partway through the bottom of the first. Kind of irritating flipping between SD and HD to see if the feed is on yet. And this has happened more than a couple of times this year.

I don't know if this one is a dish or Csn issue but i almost missed the world series parade because I had all the SD channels that broadcast in HD hidden and on dish it only aired in SD.

Sorry for the thread necro but I found this thread via google. This is still happe ing, in fact tonight's feed didn't come on until partway through the bottom of the first. Kind of irritating flipping between SD and HD to see if the feed is on yet. And this has happened more than a couple of times this year.

I don't know if this one is a dish or Csn issue but i almost missed the world series parade because I had all the SD channels that broadcast in HD hidden and on dish it only aired in SD.

Yes, this is very annoying and continues. I see above that someone said it's something to do with DISH allocating only so much bandwidth for RSNs. What is an RSN?

CSNBA-HD viewers had to wait until the end of the A's @ Yankees game ended...which of course was like a football score 17-7 so it went way long. Tomorrows HD game will start at least a hour later because its JIP. Today's game was not JIP and still started 45 min late for the HD viewers. Things like this are a E* exclusive!

Today's A's game against the Mariners still hasn't gone HD yet (about two hrs late so far) despite what the the on screen guide says on CSN-CA-HD 5409 (and no JIP). Correction..it just went to HD...thanks dish..and its only the 6th inning!! The Giants game started late too in HD today too..just like yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)