CSN-Bay Area SD

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
watched on NHL Center Ice tonight must have been mirrored from channel 419. Is it always that poorly washed out? Even commercials, the whole channels just looks terrible. Is it like that for you folks in the bay area for baseball games as well? Does it look better on CSN+ on the ALT channels? Sharks games on CSN+ have actually looked way better.

It always looks pretty bad on my HD TV. But I'd have to say that hockey and basketball are worse than baseball to watch.

Yep, CSN Bay Area looks like crap. That's why we've been asking for the HD version for over a year. And you're right about CSN +, it does look a little better.

Here on the Direct side I would have to agree as well. When I watch a Giants game on CSNBA SD through MLB EI the PQ is awful. When I watch the same game on CSNBA HD the PQ is very very good.

seriously....its horrrriiid, I got the $5 sports package because I thought I would get CSNBA HD because I have the HD Essentials pack.....of course, what i got was a channel that looks like crap.....btw....do we have CSN+ on Dish Network ? which package has that ?

btw....do we have CSN+ on Dish Network ? which package has that ?

I think it's just an overflow channel for when there's two games going on, and you'd get it if you get CSN-BA. It's not on any one channel; I seem to recall that the actual number changes around a bit.

CSN-BA carries six pro teams as well as Pac-10 football and basketball. They really DO need a permanent second channel.

As well as their HD channel on Dish. I might have mentioned that once or twice before.

E-mailed dish and this is what I got.

Dear Chris & Rachel

Thank you for your email.We do understand your concern. Unfortunately at this time the CSNBA HDis not available.

We would like to add that channel, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know when this will happen. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.

We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.

Please be advised that DISH Network is increasing its national HD channels from 76 to 100 and local HD channels in 65 new markets, bringing its HD local market total to 100 in 2008.

DISH Network is currently increasing the number of local HD channels by more than 60 percent with the addition of HD broadcast networks in the following markets: Abilene, TX - Austin, TX - Baltimore, MD - Columbia, SC - Flint-Saginaw-Bay City, MI -Ft. Myers, FL - Greensboro, NC - Milwaukee, WI - Orlando, FL - Providence, RI -Tampa, FL - Beaumont, TX - Burlington, VT - Grand Rapids, MI - Green Bay, WI - Greenville, SC - Huntsville, AL - Knoxville, TN - Norfolk, VA - Richmond, VA - West Palm Beach, FL, ABC Family Channel HD

Dish Network is already adding the following programming channels in HD: AMC (American Movie Classics) HD; BET HD;

The Biography Channel HD; Cartoon Network HD; CMT (Country Music Channel) HD; Disney Channel HD; ESPN News HD;

HBO2 HD; IFC (Independent Film Channel) HD; MGM HD; MoreMAX HD; MTV HD; Nickelodeon HD; Sci Fi Channel HD;

Smithsonian HD; The Tennis Channel HD; The Weather Channel HD; Toon Disney HD; USA Network HD; VH-1 HD; WGN HD;

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.comor reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Valery N.

DISH Network eCare

Pine Brook

** Please include all previous correspondence when replying. **

-----original message-----

Sent:Monday, April 28, 2008 6:37 AM
To:FeedBack
Subject:FW: CSNBA HD

Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 3:38 PM

To: CEO

Subject: CSNBA HD

Why is Comcast Sports network bay Area not available. I live in the Bay Area and Direct TV and Comcast offer it. It has been on the uplink for over a year. Why can't Echostar turn this on? As I know Dish Network offers all the RSN in HD but CSNBA HD. There are a lot of great games that I have t watch in SD. And that SD picture is really lame. Thanks

Chris & Rachel

5419(419) - CSNBA [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 32 ConUS beam (Not Available)

Wait, so we do have CSN+ on Dish? Do i just have to guess as to which channel out of the 9000 dish channels that is on that day....isnt there any way to tell exactly which channel that is...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts