CSN Chicago issue, Pressing 665 on the remote takes you to 665 CSNCHA Not 665 CSNCHC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
So when I press 665 on my remote it takes me to 665 CSNCHa Witch is an alternate and not the main Comcast Sportsnet Chicago Channel.

I dont get why they put an alternate on the main channel like this, It should be 665-1 and 665-2 to keep from confusing people. It makes it appear like Directv doesnt carry the channel.

There have been a few little quirks like this since the RSN renumbering. The renumbering was a great idea overall, I think. I suspect this will be fixed soon. I have posted before about FSOK and FSWIS having isues since the renumbering. There are cases where they "Forget" to load the SD version of the alternates, now. A friend who is SD-only missed a few games because the alternate channel wasn't there for them because of that. Since not many post about the issue, I have often wondered about how many people actually care or notice the alternates. Since FSWIS SD and FSWIS HD (and FSOK, FSSW+, Altitude-alt, MASN) sometimes have alternate programming that is SD-only, I don't think they should give FSOK and FSOKHD the same channel number so that they will always both appear.

If you have a 5-LNB dish in the market next to me, you get two channel 8's (WGHP and WRIC). In that market, if you type channel "8" manually, it always goes to WGHP. I suspect that means that if two channels have the same number, it selects the name that is alphabetically first, which is why the alternate appears when you manually type.

Now On 4/25 3 live games all in HD??

But is the 3rd game on plus 2 / Alternate really going to be in HD?? Will directv take an outer market feed (CSN does have feeds for areas that can't show bulls games)

plus 2 as of last use was not in HD anywhere and local comcast systems don't have a slot for plus 2 HD in less they use red zone HD only other part time Channel slot that is open on comcast Chicago systems with out them adding an new Channel.

Will comcast let directv show all 3 in HD when there own cable systems can't?

Joe The Dragon said:
Will comcast let directv show all 3 in HD when there own cable systems can't?
Comcast cable had no say. The channel is owned by all four sports teams (bulls, hawks, cubs, sox) and Comcast is the distribution partner. Because Comcast isn't the owner the contracts are different. They just distribute.

And yes all games are in HD regardless of comcast cable capacity issues.

The second CSN alt channel has not had a HD channel listed in the guide that I have ever seen. The mess that is channel 665 tonight might change that. There should be enough complaint about this to get it fixed soon. I suggest email/calling them about it. Cable is a joke when it comes to sports alternates.

Well the naming is right back when they first used plus 2 is was also called alternate on the csn website as well.

Looks like directv messed up when adding the plus 2 HD feed and put it on 665 and not 665-2

at least they not useing 666 any more. People did make jokes with that.

CSN PLUS 665-1 for the most part uses CLTV on comcast systems there is some stuff on CSN plus that does not use CLTV.

Still odd that they need to use CLTV at all analog cable is gone and they can add a unused SD slot like they have for CSN + HD that just shows looping help videos.

RCN cable has CLTV HD and the CSN plus SD slot as well CLTV SD. RCN uses CLTV HD for CSN + HD. Why does comcast not CLTV HD to the CSN + HD slot is odd.

The plus 2 feed (Cubs game) is actually being shown OTA is the Chicago area on channel 5-2. That channel is also available on Comcast, but I think in SD only. I wonder if the OTA feed will be HD?

I know this is off topic but Bulls with no Derrick Rose and a bunch of weak players, Is no wonder they're on the verge of getting eliminated from the 1st round EC, Trades is what killed a good team enough said.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

No because Cozy TV is SD on OTA. The main .1 is 1080, and the NBC affiliate.

Maybe they have a separate HD feed on cable - the Durham Bulls play on WRAZ MeTV 50-2 here in NC. The games are SD OTA (but look far better than D*'s SD) but on Time Warner Cable, the games are HD (but only in the Raleigh DMA). Only the games are HD on Metv, the rest of the channel is SD. Even the local news. At least I can tune in with D*'s AM21.

DMAs are so dumb. I live 22 miles from the stadium, but I couldn't watch them on cable here because the Greensboro-Raleigh DMA line is right here. Meanwhile, people in southern NC who live hours away from the stadium can watch the games on cable in HD. I can't attend all of them!

Maybe they have a separate HD feed on cable -

Cocmast cable system sucks so they don't have that much slots for part time HD. But u-verse and directv does.

So CSN Chicago is now better on non comcast systems. Must be the only CSN where comcast has little power and the teams hold all of the cards. Or maybe last years sh*t PQ blackhawks game that was on PLUS 2 got people so mad that CSN did there part to have a HD feed for plus 2 but only directv and u-verse where able to pick it up.

Cocmast cable system sucks so they don't have that much slots for part time HD. But u-verse and directv does.

So CSN Chicago is now better on non comcast systems. Must be the only CSN where comcast has little power and the teams hold all of the cards. Or maybe last years sh*t PQ blackhawks game that was on PLUS 2 got people so mad that CSN did there part to have a HD feed for plus 2 but only directv and u-verse where able to pick it up.

Yes that is the case. The teams have majority of the power when it comes to CSNCH.

Status
Please reply by conversation.