CSN Comcast Sports Net on Dish ?(Houston area)

daro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Does anyone here have any info on Dish adding this station to the lineup ? With the NBA season starting soon,really hope this is something that's in serious negotiation.
I'm already upset over the AMC issue.If I can no longer watch my local team,I'll be looking for a new provider after about 15 years.

Only the Cable companies in your area are carrying it. So you can stop waiting and switch.

Comcast has a problem selling to satellite, I have been waiting for CSN-Philly for years now. And yes, CSN-Philly is a Comcast sports channel.

but CSN Philly was using a loophole. That hole is now shut so CSN Philly is using thew whole "well we will let you carry it for a huge amount of money"

Most of the other CSN's are on Dish/Directv. The other notable missing is CSN NW

... and how do you know this ?

Google for the story portion of it, and the CSNH website to verify only your local cable companies are carrying them. It's not impossible that another carrier will pick it up, but since you are leaving Dish over it, your choice is your local Cable company.

Google for the story portion of it, and the CSNH website to verify only your local cable companies are carrying them. It's not impossible that another carrier will pick it up, but since you are leaving Dish over it, your choice is your local Cable company.

You said "stop waiting and switch" like maybe you had some kind of inside info ? Guess not .

I know who currently carries it and unfortunately none of those are available to me.

And yet you said if Dish does not get it, you are leaving Dish....... That's why I posted. We all want Dish to carry a certain channel, but the big threat of leaving, when no one even carries it beyond those local cable carriers , and you can't even get it, doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
but CSN Philly was using a loophole. That hole is now shut so CSN Philly is using thew whole "well we will let you carry it for a huge amount of money"

Most of the other CSN's are on Dish/Directv. The other notable missing is CSN NW

Guess I'm jaded, I generalized when I should have remained specific. CSN-Philly does not sell to satellites. I double checked their availability list, it shows cable companies from all over PA and Fios. There is no availability on Direct tv or on Dish. I recall Dish and Direct both suing in some way Comcast to force negotiations but nothing much came from that either.

The last thing I can remember on that, Comcast has to make the RSN available. The catch is, there is nothing as to how much they can ask for it. I am assuming they are asking a price they know the satellites won't accept.

And yet you said if Dish does not get it, you are leaving Dish....... That's why I posted. We all want Dish to carry a certain channel, but the big threat of leaving, when no one even carries it beyond those local cable carriers , and you can't even get it, doesn't make sense.

... but my original post also mentioned AMC.It doesn't make much sense to pay a premium price for a service that no longer carries the programming I watch.It's not a "big threat" lol ...who am I threatening ? I was just hoping for a bit of info ...thanks anyway.I don't want to drop Dish,kind of partial to them,installed their systems for 5 years.

The last thing I can remember on that, Comcast has to make the RSN available. The catch is, there is nothing as to how much they can ask for it. I am assuming they are asking a price they know the satellites won't accept.

The Houston Rockets are partnered with Comcast,so it's not just a situation where CCast owns the rights's to air the game's.A huge portion of the fan base is currently not able to get the game's.Hopefully the Rocket's organization will put pressure on CCast to offer reasonable rates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts