CSN Philadelphia in September?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zman1176

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
I have been searching to see if there is any word on the street about Comcast Philly finally being available to D* in September.

Has anyone heard that it will be available or will the war go on.

Thanks!

My advice, don't hold your breath.

I could be wrong, but I believe the whole September 2008 date started getting mentioned due to the original deal when Sportsnet took over for Prism and the length of the contract. However I don't think it will impact anything as long as they continue to be broadcast by "terrestrial" means. Remember the FCC actually gave CSN Philly an exemption from having to be offered as part of the Adelphia deal.

Comcast must figure that their subsciber losses in Philly would far outweigh the amount they could negotiate from the satellite companies. They also don't want the embarrassment of people leaving their "home" market in droves.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong and they are forced to offer it soon.

until one of two things happen don't hold your breath

the two things are
-CSN Philly starts broadcasting via satellite (doubt it)
-the FCC gets off their a** and does something about the loophole that CSN is using (doubt it too)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)