CSNE HD - Channel 620-1 - Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bbd24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
I am very excited about this channel. Celtics games in HD !!!

However, the Celtics play tonight at home. All of there home games are broadcasted in HD via Comcast Sports Net New England. Looking at the guide this morning ( haven't checked since 7:00 P.S.T. ) , the game isn't listed on channel 620-1 in HD. Its listed in standard format, but no HD feed from 620. Who knows, maybe this will change once they realize that the game is in HD tonight.

I've seen some of the -1 channels not get game info into the EPG until a few hours before game time, hope that's your problem.

True. But I'm in the bay area ( SF ) . Its cheaper for me on the big screen. Have fun at the game though !

Go C's !

Check in the 90's or YES, both YES and CSE/NE have it per regional carriage agreement. I am not home right now or I would check it.

Well don't feel too bad, it's not available in HD for NBA-LP subscribers either. Yes HD shows it but blacked out on the RSN channel but I can get it on 620 SD channel.

Shoot. This game should be on 620-1 . Most of the time, the League Pass Subscribers receive the home feed broadcast of the game. Unless there is a local affiliate that carries the action and has the rights that night. In regards to the C's , Comcast Sports Net New England has the rights to the Celtic games. So they would be broadcasting the C's home games when it comes to the league pass feed. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they've turned it on tonight. 620-1 should be our feed for every Celtic home game. Every Celtic home game is broadcasted in HD by Comcast.

It was on last friday in HD so why not tonight? It really doesn't make any sense.

Your right, it doesn't. Its screwed up somehow. As of today ( since it was launched today ), channel 620-1 should be the home base for EVERY Celtic home game unless the team there playing against is in your local region. Comcast Sports Net New England broadcasts every Celtic home game in HD.

Since there playing the Nets, those that are in New Jersey / NY and receive channel 622 as your regional sports network would receive that channel. They wouldn't get the 620-1 feed. Everyone that gets local sports channels in Boston would receive it on 620-1 , and everyone that subscribes to the league pass should get it on 620-1 or the LP channel thats allocated for it ( as shown in the guide ).

i dunno if this helps. the way i have it figured right now is this. if you are in the celtics dma (or any other team for that matter), you should see any hd game being broadcast by the rsn on the hd game only rsn. so if the celts are your team, you should have seen the game on 620-1, regardless of whether you have league pass or not.

if you do not live in the celts dma and don't have league pass, i believe you are hosed. it really isn't much different than before. you still need the sports sub and it still has to be broadcast.

like last nights' magic-cavs game. it wasn't on league pass but i watched it in hd because i'm in the magic's dma. and i was able to watch it on the sun sports game only hd feed.....632-1. make any sense?

i dunno if this helps. the way i have it figured right now is this. if you are in the celtics dma (or any other team for that matter), you should see any hd game being broadcast by the rsn on the hd game only rsn. so if the celts are your team, you should have seen the game on 620-1, regardless of whether you have league pass or not.

if you do not live in the celts dma and don't have league pass, i believe you are hosed. it really isn't much different than before. you still need the sports sub and it still has to be broadcast.

like last nights' magic-cavs game. it wasn't on league pass but i watched it in hd because i'm in the magic's dma. and i was able to watch it on the sun sports game only hd feed.....632-1. make any sense?

Probably correct. I think last night was just a little snafu that hopefully will be corrected by Friday night. I doubt very much it has anything to with D* not having the right to show the channel as someone else posted.

Yes that makes perfect sense...I hope come friday night it is fixed and I can watch the game in HD. If your channel 632-1 is working then their is no reason why 620-1 shouldn't be doing the same thing.

during the first month of hockey season, i missed 2 lightning games in hd because of miscommunication between fox sports florida and directv. finally, after numerous phone calls and emails, the problem was resolved.

perhaps. comcast ne and directv had a similar problem? if it continues, i urge you folks to contact both your rsn and directv!

Ok, tonights Celtic game is scheduled for channel 620-1 . It can also be found on 753-1 .

we got screwed tonight - NBA HD has Celts on but comcast isn't carrying that feed - I don't get all this HD vs. non HD stuff - I would think the NBA wants HD in as many homes as possible - its the best way to view their product

we got screwed tonight - NBA HD has Celts on but comcast isn't carrying that feed - I don't get all this HD vs. non HD stuff - I would think the NBA wants HD in as many homes as possible - its the best way to view their product

I'm also very confused on this whole CSNE HD blackout stuff. I knew it wasn't going to be televised on 620-1, but since I get 601 (NBAHD), and the guide indicated it was being televised on that channel....I figure, okay, we'll see it in HD. So, I sit down in front of the TV with the drink and snacks, and poof, 5:59PM I get the call 727 message, i.e., blackout, etc..

If only the powers to be would explain this whole DMA, blackout, rights, etc jibberish; no straight answers from DIRECTV, CSNE (written and called both many times last year and this year, to no avail)...it's very frustrating. So now I get to watch in SD (620) which is just about unbearable (can't tell the ball from the floor at times, they blend)....well, at least I know the Patriots will be in HD in less than 2 hours...

You will never be able to get an exact answer on blackouts from DISH or DirecTV as THEY do not make up the rules, they are told to enforce a zip code based blackout, likely sent a file of those zip codes as they apply to a particular game/region and they plug them in. You need to contact the respective leagues and the parties that hold the carriage rights of the games; ie the networks, affiliates, RSNs and SuperChannels (where applicable). DISH and DirecTV are merely rebroadcast partners.

i gotta program not available message on nba-tv. but, unlike you pups, i got to watch the magic beat the c's in sparkling hi-definition!!! yes, there is a god and he loves the tragic.....who are looking okay so far, early in the season!

ETA: i'm sure nba-tv's hd feed was from sun sports who had the game in hd in central florida!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)