Cspan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

photoman76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
For the last few days the CSPAN analog signal has been up on AMC 11 Transponder 1 as well as it's normal location on Transponder 7. I wonder what's going on? Are they planning a transponder change?

I have not had my analog box connected for some time. I would imagine by now they would have to be thinking of going digital. Either DVB or Digicipher II.

Most analog is gone so I doubt they will last long. They can save a lot of money not renting the entire transponder rather renting a small piece of the bandwidth and someone else can rent the rest.

I bet they are testing for something.

C-SPAN is a private, non-profit company, created in 1979 by the cable television industry as a public service. Our mission is to provide public access to the political process. C-SPAN receives no government funding; operations are funded by fees paid by cable and satellite affiliates who carry C-SPAN programming.

Maybe this means the public only gets a portion of access to the political process, unless they pay extra for it. ... Not that I'm complaining.

Regardless, I pay for subscription TV, but don't get C-SPAN3 on it.

You can see C-SPAN3 on internet streaming video, I believe.

C-spantech

I work in the C-SPAN Engineering Department…..

C-SPAN contracts out uplinking services with SES Americom. New transmission equipment has been installed and is currently being tested. The video you are seeing is just the test signals there are no plans to move the C-SPAN signals at this time. The new transmission equipment is expected to improve the quality and reliability of the C-SPAN signals.

C-SPAN Satellite Locations:
C-SPAN

C-SPAN About Us:
C-SPAN - ABOUT US

Status
Please reply by conversation.